Twenty-Four - A Love Worth Fighting For (Part 1)

Jisoo stared out the window while Taehyung was focused on the road, driving. She quietly watched certain pieces of scenery and signs pass by while her favorite songs were playing over the radio. It all made for a very peaceful drive.

She looked calm outside but inside she was freaking out. Jisoo is trying to hide her nervousness from her boyfriend. She's feeling so nervous about meeting his mother for the first time.

"Will she like me now?"

"Will she accept her grandson?"

Thoughts were racing in her mind.

Taehyung could see right through her though. On occasion when it was safe, he'd look away from the road and look over her. Jisoo is unusually quiet, her hand is shaking slightly and her mind continues to wander with endless possibilities of how the night could go.

Taehyung: "Love." He whispered softly and gave her hand a squeeze.

This made Jisoo look at him.

Taehyung: "Are you okay?" He asked, keeping his hand on hers while the other hand was on the steering wheel.

Jisoo: "I'm okay, babe." She said.

Taehyung left her hand and turned the radio down. He took her hand back into his and gently caresses it.

Taehyung: "Tell me the truth." He said with a low tone.

Jisoo sighed and stared down at their intertwined hands. She started to fidget with his long fingers.

Jisoo: "I'm just nervous." She confesses.

Taehyung understood why she feels this way. He knew that the first time Jisoo and his mom saw each other, it didn't turn out great. It has been a week since that happened and his mom finally agreed in meeting Jisoo over dinner. He, too, is nervous but he had to stay sane for the both of them.

Taehyung: "I'm with you, baby. Everything will be okay." He assured her as he squeezes her hand.

He took his eyes off the road for a second, gazing at her. Jisoo immediately stared at his big brown orbs that she swear she could spend the rest of her life just gazing into.

Jisoo: "Okay." She said softly.

She said as she let out a heavy breath. Taehyung was smiling while looking at the road, keeping his other hand on hers, brushing his thumb along her knuckles. He had begun kissing her knuckles softly, singing her favorite song that was playing on the radio. This made her feel her nerves ease a little.

Taehyung: "Mom, this is my woman." He introduced her to his mom.

His mom who was looking serious looked at Jisoo in the face before dropping her gaze to her baby bump. This made Jisoo feel uncomfortable. Does she look pretty? Does she look fat? She's 25 weeks pregnant now, sure she does look big. Immediately, she felt insecure.

Jisoo: "Good evening, Mrs. Kim. I'm Kim Ji-" She was interrupted when the older woman spoke.

Mom: "The dinner is ready. We don't want it to get cold." She said as she turned around and walked towards the dining room.