Twenty-Three - Truth Unfolding (Part 2)

Ji-Won: "This is ridiculous, Taehyung!" She exclaimed in frustration.

She stood up as she pace back and forth in front of her son. Taehyung on the other hand, remained his head down, looking at the floor.

Taehyung's mom cannot seem to hide her disappointment towards her son. She is obviously not happy hearing the entire story.

Ji-Won: "I am disappointed with you." She sighs deeply.

Taehyung understands why his mom is feeling this way but what can he do? He believes that everything happens for a reason. And whatever it is, he will take responsibility for his partner and his child.

Taehyung: "I'm sorry, mom. I know why you're feeling this way but I hope you understand why I had to keep this a secret while you and dad were away. I just want to protect my family." He explained.

He lifted his head and immediately meet the gaze of his mom.

Ji-Won: "Your family? What made you accept that woman so easily? You just met her a couple of months ago, had a one-night stand, and then claimed that she's having a child with you. How sure are you that it's even yours? I don't think you know her too well." His mother said sternly.

Hearing what she said made Taehyung clench his fist. He's trying to understand his mother but what she said was just too much.

Taehyung: "I know her enough to trust her. And, I love her and our son." He said as he stood up.

He was looking at his mom with a mixed expression on his face. Hurt, sadness, anger, all these are visible on his face.

Taehyung: "I know how we met and what happened that night was just a mistake but that mistake was worth it. Because I get to be the most wonderful person I have ever met. She means everything to me and my son..." He paused as his eyes started to well up.

Taehyung: "My son is the most precious gift Jisoo has given me. I cannot explain how much I badly wanted to see my son, mom." He continued as tears roll down his face.

Taehyung was looking at his mother straight in the eyes. Ji-Won, his mom, can see how vulnerable her son is as of the moment. She knew that she was hurting him with her words but she will not accept this situation so easily.

Ji-Won: "I know that you know that it's not easy for me to accept this, Taehyung. Especially your dad." She paused. "He already has plans for you and your woman is definitely not included in it." She continued, eyes locked with his.

Taehyung: "What plans are you talking about?" He asked, confused.

Ji-Won: "Your dad will tell you once he's back." She simply answered, finally breaking the eye contact.

Taehyung sighs in disbelief.

Taehyung: "At this point, I don't care about what he's planning, mom. What's important to me is my family... Jisoo and my child." He said as he tried to keep himself calm.

Ji-Won: "Knowing your father, I'm sure he will accept the baby if it's proven that it's really yours but the girl... I don't know, Tae. I hope you know your father too well." She told him.

Ji-Won took her purse from the table and walked a couple of steps toward the main door.

Ji-Won: "I'm done with this conversation, son. For now, I'll let you think things through." She said as she walked out the door.