Thirty-One - Bundle of Joy

One month...

Two months...

Two months passed so quickly. A lot had happened in the past months.

For Jisoo, the past two months were the best times she had with Taehyung. Although her relationship with his father has not improved, she even hasn't had the chance to meet him, she knew that the right time would come when he will accept her and the baby.

She was hopeful.

Jisoo: "I can't do it anymore. I can't!" She heaved, squeezing Taehyung's hand like a stress ball as she cried.

Taehyung: "C'mon, baby, you can. I know you can." He made an attempt to reassure her, looking into her eyes.

Doctor: "Jisoo, listen. You need to push one more time. Just a couple more seconds of pushing." She said looking at her.

Jisoo: "But it hurts so bad. I can't, I can't." She cried.

Taehyung brushes her hair away from her eyes, looking at her worriedly.

Taehyung: "You can, love. Just one more push. A couple of seconds of pain for a lifetime of happiness... our happiness. I'm here for you, love, okay?" He whispered to her ears while holding her hand.

Jisoo tried holding those tears back, putting every bit of her strength into pushing.

Doctor: "It's a boy!" The doctor declared before Jisoo could even process that it was over.

Doctor: "Would you like to cut the umbilical cord, Taehyung?" She asked, looking at the man.

Taehyung nodded enthusiastically, tears lining his eyes as he looked at his baby for the first time in wonder.

The doctor then let Taehyung hold the baby. He was hesitant at first on holding his baby, feeling scared he might drop his tiny beautiful offspring. But as soon as he held him, it felt like he cannot let him go away from him anymore. He held him so gently, rocking him back and forth.

Taehyung: "You did so well, love. Look at him." He said with tears in his eyes as he bring the baby near her.

Taehyung: "He's so beautiful, babe." He said as he planted a kiss on her forehead.

With that, she burst into tears. Her emotions completely overwhelmed her.

Taehyung: "Do you want to hold him?" He asked her, lovingly.

Jisoo nodded with the little strength she had left. Taehyung passed his son over to her and all Jisoo could only do is continue to cry.

Jisoo: "My baby... I love you. I love you." She kept on whispering as she held him gently.

Jisoo can't seem to stop crying. The happiness she's feeling right now is unexplanable. 

Taehyung looked at Jisoo and their son with ease of satisfaction and a sense of happiness that he never felt before.

Taehyung: "Babe." He whispered.

Taehyung's mumbling is the first thing that she heard as her eyes flutter open. Jisoo was welcomed with her favorite sight to wake up to... Taehyung.

Jisoo: "Is Ji-hyun still sleeping?" She asked as she looked at the crib on the other side of the room.

Taehyung nodded with a smile on his face.

Taehyung: "He's a good boy. He's been good all night." He answered as he lean down to kiss her forehead.

Jisoo: "He is indeed a good boy... like his daddy." She smiled at him, lovingly.

It's been 2 weeks since Ji-hyun, their son was born. These past few days have been the best days for the couple. What else could they as for? They have each other. They are now a family. 

Taehyung: "I prepared breakfast for you, love. Time to get up and eat, babe" He said as he looked at her full of admiration.

Taehyung was about to get up when Jisoo reached for him and hugged him from behind.

Jisoo: "Thank you for being the best partner to me and dada to our little Ji-hyun." She said sweetly.

She meant every word she said.

Taehyung turned around and pulled her into his arms, smiling.

Without saying a word, Taehyung kissed her. His actions were enough to answer her back.

Taehyung: "I love you." He whispered in between kisses.

But before they could deepen the kiss, a cry broke the silence in the room.

It was their son.

Taehyung: "I think our son is already possessive of you, love." Taehyung said, jokingly.

Jisoo chuckled as they broke the hug. She walked towards the crib and carried out their son, humming as she try to put him back to sleep.

Taehyung'e eyes were fixed on the woman he loves and their little bundle of joy.

Now how can he live without them?