Thirty - Promise

Taehyung rushed to the hospital where he finally met his friends outside the ward where Jisoo is. 

His heart was beating fast, he raised his hand and pressed it. The panic slowly faded away as soon as the doctor explained what happened.

After talking to the doctor, Taehyung came to Jisoo's room. Jisoo was lying on the bed, her hair was a bit messy and there was a needle in the back of her hand.

It was already afternoon. The afterglow of the setting sun came in from the window, and the golden light fell on the floor.

Taehyung walked slowly to the side of the hospital bed and had a clear view of her sleeping figure. She was pale. He raised his hand and gently brushed the hair from her forehead. 

After some time, Jisoo's eyes opened slowly. Her tightly closed lips slowly opened, pale and cracked. Taehyung turned around and picked up the glass of water, helped her sat down and drink the water.

Jisoo: "Our baby." She said.

Taehyung placed the glass on the table and sat beside her.

Taehyung: "He's fine, love. You're both okay now." He said with a concerned tone while caressing her stomach.

Jisoo: "I don't understand what happened. I suddenly felt pain in my stomach. I-I thought he's coming out already." She explained with tears pooling in her eyes.

She was scared. She was afraid that something bad might have happened to the baby. It's not her due yet.

Taehyung: "Shhh. Stop worrying, babe." He said while wiping the tears that has finally rolled down her face.

Taehyung: "The doctor said you are now in a delicate stage of the pregnancy. At this point, you should avoid feeling too much stress or pressure. You should be on bed rest too, you cannot do heavy activities." He explained.

Taehyung: "What happened earlier might have been caused by stress and extreme emotions. I'm sorry love. I know it was my fault." He continued.

Jisoo shook her head repeatedly while crying.

Jisoo: "I'm also at fault, Tae. I"m sorry." She said as she continues to cry.

Taehyung: "Alright. Alright. Stop thinking about what happened, okay? We're okay now. Everything will be okay." He said as he pulled her for an embrace.

Jisoo closed her eyes as she enjoyed his warm embrace. She feels okay now. She feels safe. He's all that she needed.

A couple minutes passed and Jisoo has already stopped crying. 

Jisoo: "Hang in there baby. 2 months, just 2 months left." She said, caressing her belly.

Jisoo: "We're excited to have you in our arms, baby."

Jimin: "When do you plan of telling her?" He asked while looking at his friend.

Taehyung slowly shook his head before taking a sip of his drink.

Taehyung: "I can't tell her right now. You know her condition, right? If I tell her, something bad might happen to her and our baby. I cannot allow that to happen." He said with a blank expression on his face.

At this point, he doesn't really know what to do anymore. But she and the baby's safety is his priority right now. He thought that he might still have the chance to tell her about what was about to happen when she gives birth. That was what he thought.

JImin: "You know that what will happen will break her heart, right?" He asked.

Taehyung: "It's not like I have options, bro. It's the only way." He said in a cold tone.

Taehyung entered the dimly lit bedroom and saw his girl laying on her side, sleeping. He slowly closed the door, trying not to make any noise as he don't want to wake her up.

After taking a quick shower, Taehyung slowly climbed to the bed, gently pulling Jisoo, and hugging her from behind. Jisoo felt it when the bed slightly dipped when Taehyung laid down on the bed, making her wake up from her slumber. Smelling his after-shower scent and feeling the strong arm around her waist, Jisoo slowly opened her eyes, wanting to see his face.

Taehyung: "I'm sorry if I woke you up, love." He whispered with his eyes closed.

Jisoo: "It's okay, babe." She answered.

She glanced at the clock on the bedside table. 11 PM.

Jisoo: "How's Jimin?" She then asked.

Taehyung: "He's great. We had a good time catching up." He told her as he opened his eyes, looking at her.

Jisoo is now laying on her back. His arm is still around her waist, hugging her bump.

Jisoo: "That's good." She smiled at him lovingly.

Taehyung: "Babe..." He said while looking at her.

Jisoo: "Hmmm." She hummed.

Taehyung: "You know how much I love you, right? That I will always love you and our baby?" He started.

Jisoo was confused at first about what he is saying at this moment. But she thought that it was just one of the days when he was being clingy.

Jisoo: "Of course, I know, babe!" She smiled brightly. "And, I love you so much too."

Jisoo snuggles her head to his chest, hearing his heartbeat. Their heartbeat is in sync.

Taehyung: "You're the only one that I will love. And, trust me that I will make things right for us... for our family." He said as he hug her tightly. 

Taehyung: "I promise."