Chapter 19: Lovely Senior Homecoming

Chapter XIX: Lovely Senior Homecoming

  A guy walks in my AP Psychology class and hands the teacher a pass to go to the office. The purple pass. Meaning the guidance office.

  "Carly Lukens. Guidance wants to speak with you." The teacher says looking at me.

  Drew rubs my arm and gives me a soft smile. Then mouths see you after lunch.

  I nod and then get up and gather my things and grab the pass from the teacher and walk out of the classroom and then walk down the hall to where guidance was located.

  "What do you mean Lance?" I hear that witch McKayla yell.

  I look to see them on the staircase talking to one another.

  "What I mean is that you were the one to give me herpes. They traced it down to you... So it's over between us." He says annoyed.

  Making her gasp.

  "But... You asked me to homecoming dammit! And that's tomorrow." She says irritated.

  He just laughs.

  "Does it look like I care? You sleep with half of the baseball team, ask one of them to be your last minute date." Lance says chuckling.

  I sighed then continued on my walk to the guidance office.

  When I got there, I sat down in the waiting room and I saw Keely talking to a guy.

  "So I'll talk to you later." The man says smiling at her.

  She nods and then walks away and gives me a wink.

  "Ah Carly Lukens, come on in." The man says enthusiastically.

  I chuckled and then followed him and then sat down in front of him.

  "Well let's see that rank yeah?" He asks me while taking out my file.

  I was playing with my fingers, and my heart was racing too fast. I swear I might as well call 911.

  "Okay well Carly looks like your class rank is one. Congratulations. Although, your kind of in the running for valedictorian with the second rank person." He informs me.

  I sighed. I knew this was too good to be true....

  ♕|♕|♕

  "Where should we go?" Drew asks me once we get into his car.

  I replied to a quick message then frowned to myself.

  "It doesn't matter." I tell him.

  He frowns at me and starts his engine and then pulls out of the school parking lot.

  "Are you okay?" He asks.

  "Not really.. It's just I'm in the running for valedictorian. With some guy from the baseball team who's also the second class rank." I explain to him.

  "Well, I'm sure that your competition isn't that great academically. Sure when it comes to athletics but he only has taken two AP classes throughout his entire high school.." Drew tells me with a smirk.

  So I have a chance, that's great. I guess. But he's still well liked.

  "But he's well liked though.. I'm just the geek that nobody pays any attention to." I frown.

  He pulls up to the McDonald's parking lot and turns off his engine.

  "Hey listen to me.. You are the hot topic of the school. Your the one that is sweet to everyone and everyone loves you. And also because you're the smartest, brightest, and prettiest girl of the entire school. Who wouldn't of noticed you?" Drew asks me while looking at me with sincerity.