Chapter 23: Black Friday involves shopping?

Chapter XXIII: Black Friday involves shopping?

  "I miss you." Drew whispers into the phone.

  "Why are you whispering?" I ask him amused.

  "Because my damn younger cousins are nosey as fuck." Drew says irritated.

  I giggle.

  "How old are they?" I ask him.

  "Thirteen and fifteen." He sighs.

  "Well they sound cute." I say grinning.

  "Trust me, they aren't." He says.

  "Well I have one younger cousin, she plays volleyball at her high school and she's a junior." I tell him looking over at my volleyball cousin who's texting.

  "Does she have any siblings?" He asks me.
  "Yeah, he's almost nineteen." I say.

  "Oh cool. Well I gotta go, my older sister is calling me for a family picture." He says rather quickly.

  "Oh okay, talk to you later." I say confused.
  It's night time the day before thanksgiving, and Drew is two hours away from our town. I'm pretty sure that we are in the same time zone as one another.

  Unless they take a family picture at night, which is kind of weird but oh well. Usually my family pictures are in the day time. But I guess we all have different ways of having a family picture.

  "Was that the guy you're dating?" My cousin, Bianca asks me.

  "Yeah, it was. I think he just lied to me." I say while biting my lip.

  "Don't overthink Carly, it's probably not that big of a deal. Overthinking can cause huge problems in a relationship." She tells me while giving me a pointed look.

  I look over at her with a raised eyebrow.
  "How do you know about this?" I ask her.

  "Please, I know that this guy is your first boyfriend. And I'm on my third boyfriend. I've been in this game longer than you have and after my past two relationships, I learned things that would help me in my relationship that I have now." She says while putting her long dirty blonde hair in a braid.

  I sighed. And sat down on my bed. Yep, she stays in my room with me while her brother stays in my brother's room. But everyone is leaving after thanksgiving tomorrow.

  "So I should just leave it alone?" I ask her.

  "You should. If it happens again, then start getting a little worried." She says while laying down on the air mattress.

  I got under the covers and then reached over to my lamp and turned it off.

  "Night Bianca." I say.

  "Night Carly." I hear her say.

  Then I welcomed sleep.

  ♕|♕
  I was talking with my grandmother. While Marcus was talking to Bianca and her brother, Wilson.

It's obvious that Bianca has a crush on Marcus but the only barrier stopping her from flirting let alone dating him is because we're all cousins by blood.

  "So Carly, a little birdie told me that you applied to an Ivy." My grandma says grinning cheekily at me.

  She doesn't even look like a grandma. She doesn't have grey hair, she just has a bunch of wrinkles. But she has brown hair, and it's pretty long.

  I saw her high school and college pictures, and her hair was almost touching her butt. My great grandmother believed that my grandma would have a better life with long healthy hair, so that's how it's still almost touching her butt now.

  "Yeah it's true." I confirm.

  "Oh! Which school? Is it Harvard?" She asks me pinching my arm.

  "No grandma, it's Brown." I say sighing.

  She gasps. Then smirks.

  "They'll accept you. You're Mrs. Valedictorian Carly Lukens." She says still smirking.

  "Yeah I hope so grandma." I say.

  "Okay everyone! Dinner is ready!" My dad says walking into the living room.

  Marcus shoves past Bianca while running to the dining room, this made Bianca glare at him and Wilson laugh.

  I sighed. And followed my grandmother to the the dining room.
  ♕|♕|♕

  After my extended family left, Marcus, and my parents and I decided to go Black Friday shopping.

  "Black Friday involves shopping?" Marcus randomly asks on the wAy to the mall.
  I sighed next to him.

  "Yes it does Marcus..." I say.

  Then I thought of something.
  "You didn't know that your whole life?" I ask him in bewilderment.

  "Yeah... Is that bad?" He asks while looking at me with confusion.

  "Yes it is, but forget about it." I sighed.
  My parents held hands while my mom was driving.

And I was waiting for Drew to text me back. Because he hasn't talked to me since the night before thanksgiving.

  I then laid my head against the window, and looked outside at the sunset.

  He probably forgot to text me, or is too busy with family.

  "Hey, he's going to text you, truthfully, I am too lazy to text back any girls, and I'm sure that your pal is in the same boat as I am." Marcus tells me with a chuckle.

  I just roll my eyes.

  "I hope he doesn't end up like you." I sighed while rubbing my head.

  "I'll try not to take offense with that." My brother just says with a sigh.

  Just then we turn into a McDonald's.
  "OH!!! I WANT A BIG MAC MEAL!!" Marcus shouts out.

  Making everyone jump, including me.

  "I'll just take a 10-piece nugget, with buffalo sauce." I tell my mother while she was rolling down the window.

  It truly amazes me that my brother just had some turkey and yet he still has room for a Big Mac and fries.

  "Want a drink Carly?" My mom asks me.

  "Yeah, I'll take a coke." I just say.

  About ten minutes later, my mom pulled into a parking spot and we all decided to dig in.

  So, instead of black Friday shopping, my fat family is eating McDonald's.

  We need help.

  "Are you going to eat those?" Marcus asks me with his mouth full.

  And has some Big Mac sauce on his lips.

  "Yeah, you need to clean up your face." I inform him while eating a nugget.

  "You're a good sister." He says with his mouth is still full.

  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.