Chapter 31: Try not to get arrested

Chapter XXXI: Try not to get arrested

"Did you pack the tanning oil?" My mom asks me while sitting on my bed doing her nails.

"Yeah I did mom." I sigh.

"Tampons, did you pack any?" She asks not even looking up from her nails.

"Yep." I say.

"Good. Then my work here is done. Stay safe and have a blast. Take lots of pics. I'm out peace." She says standing up and walking out of my bedroom.

She's got an important client today and she wants to get to her work to prepare herself.

Apparently this client is psycho and randomly freaks out during a session.

I grabbed my suitcase and roll it out of my bedroom. Once I made it downstairs, I check the app that stores our grades. And I checked for the third quarter.

AP Comparative Literature - 98.90
AP French - 99.96
AP Psychology - 100.90
Calculus - 99.80
Dance Tech 4 - 99.94
Early Childhood 4 -100.89
Yearbook - 100.98

I sighed in relief when I saw that I did extremely well on them. And I still have a 4.8 as my overall GPA.

I walked into my kitchen and I see my dad reading his story off of his iPad.

"Hey daddy! Look at my grades." I say all cute like.

"Uh oh Carly, don't tell me you flunked an exam. You know you can't afford to fail school because that won't look good to Brown and they'll drop you." My dad explains while looking at me with his reading glasses.

"What makes you think that I failed?" I ask him raising an eyebrow.

"Well you called me daddy, and said it in a cute little baby voice. And usually you do that when something bad happened." He tells me shaking his head.

"Anyways, it's not bad. I did well on my exams." I tell him showing him my phone.

He looked at them and sighed.

"Carly, don't scare me like that." He tells me
disapprovingly.

"Morning my family! I'm going to be staying in Miami Beach for the whole break with a bunch of my friends." Marcus explains while walking in and grinning at me.

"Just because you have longer break than me doesn't mean you can brag." I muttered to him while trying to push him away.

He chuckles and wraps his arms around me and kisses all over my face like I'm five years old again.

"My baby sissy is going to miss me." He coos while pinching my cheeks.

I then swatted them away,

"No I'm not. I'm going away on my own vacation anyways." I tell him while walking over to the fridge.

"And where to?" He asks me.

"The Bahamas, I'm going on a cruise with Naomi, Connor, and Drew." I say getting out some buffalo chicken bites.

"Carly it's ten in the morning, and you're going to be having those?" My dad asks me in amusement.

I sighed.

My father knows that I'm an eater, so he shouldn't be so surprised.

"Why not? This shit is amazing." I tell him.

He just chuckles and gets up from the bar.

"Well I'm going to the store and buy some wine bottles for your mom and I. We got a lot of celebrating to do." He laughs while grabbing his car keys.

I put my buffalo bites on a saucer and put it in the microwave while I'm waiting, I grabbed a Coke can from the fridge.

"Hey sis, remember that shitty spring break movie we saw?" Marcus asks me sitting where my dad sat.

"Yeah Spring breakers." I tell him while opening the can.

"Well hopefully I get to do all that fun stuff that Selena Gomez did." He tells me smiling to himself.

The microwave beeped, and I opened it and took out my food.

"Try not to get arrested." I tell him while sitting down next to him.

♕|♕
"Hey I wonder how much alcohol I can take on this trip." Connor says while patting his stomach.

"You'll probably pass out after three shots." Drew tells him with a chuckle.

"Hopefully I'll get a nice ass tan." Naomi says dreamily with a sigh.

"We're here." I say in the front seat.

Yeah, we're taking the uber.

"Thank you." I tell the lady.

She nods and then helps us get our luggage from the trunk.

After she left, the four of us walked up to the entrance gate.

"Remember what I said." Naomi tells me.

"Yeah whatever happens on the boat stays on the boat." I remind her.

"This will be the best break ever." She says grinning.

Yes it will.