Chapter 22: Ivy Leagues are in your league

Chapter XXII: Ivy Leagues are in your league

I bite my lip while looking on Yale's website.
And damn is it beautiful.

"I can't believe that you're making me apply to a damn Ivy league. I mean, I probably won't even make it into any of them." I tell Naomi while looking through the website.

"Come on Carly, you're the ideal student that every Ivy league wants, plus our fellow classmates would be expecting it." She says nonchalantly like it shouldn't be a big deal.

She then got up and grabbed my brown nail polish from off my dresser.

"So you'll probably make it into some of them. At least two or three." She says sighing.

I sighed then opened a new tab, and then typed into Brown's website. Naomi looks over my shoulder and then smirked.

This is a pretty-looking website as well.

"You're going to apply to Brown?" She asks me with excitement.

"Yeah but don't get too excited. I probably won't even get in." I say while clicking on the
admissions option.

She sat on my floor next to my bed and started to paint her fingernails.

"Well if you get into Brown. We're going to build a bear." She tells me.

I look over at her with confusion.

"Why build a bear?" I ask.

"Because you have to make the mascot. And what's Brown's mascot?" She asks.

I look to see its Bruno, the bear.

"Looks like a grizzly bear." I say adjusting my reading glasses.

"Then when we go, you find a grizzly bear, get it stuffed and dress it up." She tells me.

I sighed, and started filling out Brown's application.

"This is such a long shot." I muttered to no one in particular.

There's no way in heck that I would get accepted.

♕|♕|♕|♕|♕|♕
It's the last day of school for fall break. And I just took my last exam.

"Attention students, have a safe break. And I'll see you guys when you come back." My principal says over the intercom.

Students cheered in the hallways and I walked up to my locker and opened it up.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind me.

"Beautiful, please oh please tell me that you are going to leave your textbooks behind for the break." Drew says looking down at me pleadingly.

"I'm going to leave my books in my locker. Although, I'm still going to Barnes & Noble today after school to get some books to read over the break." I tell him while looking up at him with a cheeky grin.

He sighed.

"Carly, let's hang out soon." He says.

"Sure, but only on days when I don't have to watch my Netflix or read my books." I say giving him a stern look.

I like my alone time after all.

"Come on, it'll be something fun." He says giving me his award winning smile.

I sighed irritability.

"Reading is pretty fun. I mean, you can pretend that you are there with the people that are in the story. It's really great." I say smiling.

Drew just gives me a blank look.

"How is that even fun if you aren't there in real life Carly?" He asks me.

Is this boy serious?

"Because you just use your imagination Drew. It's actually pretty simple." I say closing my locker and turning back around.

"I just have to use my imagination?" He asks me raising an eyebrow.

"Yep, you just have to use it." I confirm with a nod.

He sighed and pulled me against his chest, and I rested my head against it while his arms are wrapped around my waist.

"I'll just watch Netflix with you on some nights okay?" He asks me finally.

Trying to strike a bargain here.
"Deal." I say.

We both then shake our hands.
♕|♕|♕

"Can I still have sex while they're here?" My annoying older brother asks.

I give him a glare.

Seriously? When my parents tell us that my grandparents are staying in the guest bedroom until thanksgiving, that's the only question that pops into my brother's dumb brain?

Seriously?

"That's all you care about?" I ask him agitated.

"No Marcus, you can't sleep with any of those girls while your grandparents are here. Seriously, just spend time with your family." My mom says giving him her own glare.

He hangs his head down.

"Fine, whatever. I guess I have to bond with my whale of a sister." He says sadly.

The jerk.

I then smack his shoulder harshly.

"So Carly, did you apply to any of the great Ivy Leagues?" My mom asks me while smiling at me.

Probably trying to get the idea of her son being a whore out of her head.

I just give her a nod. And stand up from the couch.

"Yes I applied to Brown. Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon." I say proudly.

My mom nodded her head and smiled at me.

"Nerd alert." Marcus coughs.

I glared at him yet again, and hit his head.

"Marcus, be supportive!" My mom chastised.

He's just being a green monster mother, ignore him like I usually would.

"Ivy Leagues are in your league." My dad says while finally gracing us with his presence.

"My baby is growing up." My mom says proudly while putting a hand on her chest.

I groaned and walked up the stairs and into my bedroom.

My phone buzzed and I saw a message from Drew.

Drew: Starbucks date? I'll pick you up in ten.
Me: Sure! And see you then!

I sighed and threw on some ripped jeans, and a grey shirt with I think it's French writing, idk I got it because it was cheap.

Then I put my hair in a nice ponytail and then put on some flip flops.

So far, I think it'll be a good break for me Carly Noelle Lukens.