Chapter 29: He left you alone on Valentine's Day?

❁Chapter XXIX: He left you alone on Valentine's Day?❁

I got out of my car and locked the door then walked up to my school.

I look over to see a freshman squealing when her boyfriend got her a giant stuffed puppy with a heart color on it.

I roll my eyes. And keep walking.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Naomi says cheerfully.

I give her a glance and then open my locker and put my lunchbox in it.

"Awh why so sad Carly boo?" She asks me while opening her locker.

"Because Drew is in Oklahoma visiting Oklahoma State university, so I'm spending another Valentine's Day alone." I sigh while shaking my head.

"He'll probably come home early." She tells me reassuringly.

"I don't think so, I can't believe that the scouts from Oklahoma State want Drew. I mean, that's great but I just get lonely." I say while shaking my head.

"And out of all the holidays, he chooses to visit the campus on Valentine's Day.." Naomi sighs while running a hand through her hair.

Our team won their first lacrosse game, and scouts really loved Drew and another teammate, and this past Friday, scouts from Berkeley came down and took interest in Connor, now he's committed to Berkeley along with two other teammates.

Lance still hasn't been recruited, but I think it's karma but that's just me so honestly I don't even care.

"Hey Carly." Connor says walking up to us.

"Oh hey Connor. Congrats by the way on Berkeley." I say grinning at him.

"Thank you, my mom just can't stop crying over the fact that I'm moving across the country for college." He sighs.

I nod.

"I understand, my mom still can't get over the fact that I'm going to be in a different state this fall for school. But she knows it's what's best for me." I grin.

He chuckles.

"I'll see you." He says with a wave then starts walking away.

"Ugh, I just want to be accepted already into college. My dad is getting nervous." Naomi explains sighing.

"Don't worry, who knows, maybe they'll send you an acceptance letter in the mail." I explain to her while grinning at her and patting her shoulder.

"Yeah, thank you Carly." She says.

I nod.

Then the bell rings.

"See you at lunch girl." She says before walking away.

I sighed and then started to walk to class.

♕|♕
As I was doing my homework, I glance at my phone to see if Drew texted me, but he didn't.

So I adjusted my glasses and then grabbed my phone and went through our messages to make sure that I didn't say anything wrong.

While I was reading I saw him typing so I quickly leave our conversation and then put my phone faced down on my bed and got back to doing my homework.

My phone dinged and I looked to see his text message.

Drew: Sorry babe, I love Oklahoma State it's such a big campus I'm on my way back home with my parents

Me: Oh, it's okay, make it home safely

And he just read it. And didn't reply back.
That bastard.

"He left you alone on Valentine's Day?" I heard a voice ask me.

I look up to see Marcus giving me a disapproving look.

"No I didn't I'm here." Drew says walking in carrying a bouquet of pink roses.

I grinned and got off my bed and walk up to him and kiss his cheek.

"Happy Valentine's Day." He says smiling down at me.

"You better take care of her tonight Rollings, or you'll be sorry asshole." Marcus says while glaring at Drew.

I sighed and took the bouquet from Drew.

"Thank you Drew, give me ten minutes to get ready." I tell him while smelling the roses.

He nods then walks out of my bedroom.