Chapter 35: Goodbye Mr. Rollings

Chapter XXXV: Goodbye Mr. Rollings

  Three months later, and my family and I just pulled into the airport parking lot. My dad found a spot close to the airport and then turned off his engine. And we all got out.

  My mom was crying. While my dad was helping me load my stuff in the back of his Range Rover.

  "Mom I'm going to visit for thanksgiving you know." I tell her sighing.

  I saw Keely get out of her car with her dad and brother and she gives me an awkward nod.

  She's going to Texas A&M university. So I heard, and she's even wearing a tank top from them right now.

  My dad closed the trunk and him and Marcus carried my stuff while I led the way.

  Once we get inside the airport, I see McKayla hugging her parents. She sees me and walks up to me with a nice smile?

  "Hey good luck at Brown. I'm going to Yale university if you haven't heard. And my shirt is giving it away." She chuckles gesturing her top to me.

  I looked down to see it is indeed a Yale university shirt.

  "You're being nice to me." I inform her with a hint of confusion.

  She sighs.

  "I started a new leaf during the summer. No more whoring around, no more being a big bully bitch." She tells me chuckling.

  "Okay.." I say awkwardly.

  She grins then hugs me.

  "Have fun in college." She tells me walking away and back to her family.

  "I should've worn something from Brown today since everyone is apparently wearing their university apparel." I tell Marcus
.
  "Yeah, you think." He chuckles.

  We all got on the escalator and made our way to the second floor.

  Once we get up there, I see Connor with his family. And he's hugging what I'm guessing is his younger sister. And she's crying.

  He looks over at me and smiles and waves.

  Making me smile and wave.

  He then whispers something to his sister and she nods then pulls away and he runs over to me and holds out his hand.

  "Hey, good luck out there miss Ivy League." He says while shaking my hand.

  I gladly shook his back.

  "I should've worn my Brown University apparel." I sighed while looking down at his grey jacket.

  He chuckles.

  "It's okay, Lance is going to play lacrosse for Florida State university. And he wasn't wearing anything from them or about them." He tells me reassuringly.

  "Thank you. Now I think your sister wants one more hug." I chuckle.

  He turns around to see his sister standing behind him crying.

  "P-please don't leave." She breathes.

  He sighs.

  "Karina, I have to." He tells her.

  Then he pulls her to him and she buries her face into his chest.

  "Look, I'll send you some shirts in the mail. And I'll text you when I can okay?" He asks her softly while kissing her head.

  "Bye Connor." I tell him quietly.

  He nods at me. Then goes back to comforting his little sister.

  She's going to be a senior, I remember seeing her cheer at the pep rallies in front of the juniors.

  I walk up to my family and we start looking for the gate to Rhode Island.

  "I guess this is it." My dad sighs.

  He smiles at me and pulls me against his chest. And kisses my forehead.

  "Your aunt and uncle will be taking you to Brown when you land." He tells me while pulling away.

  "Okay." I say.

  Marcus comes up to me and pulls me against him and hugs me. I return the hug.

  "Be good little sis. And don't forget to ask them for a rape whistle. But if they don't have any I packed one in one of your bags while you were out dorm shopping with mom." He tells me nonchalantly.

  "Of course Marcus." I chuckle while rolling my eyes.

  "I will still leave your room the way it is honey." My mom says hugging me and kissing my cheek.

  "Okay mommy." I tell her.

  She just cries more.

  "Where's my hug?" I hear Naomi ask me.
  I look over to see my best friend.

  I walk away from my mom's embrace and then run up to her and we both hug each other.

  Once I pulled away, I look down to see her wearing her University apparel.

  "Good luck out there. And I'll text you when I land." She tells me.

  I nod.

  "Go get them Naomi." I chuckle at her.

  She nods then gives me one last hug and walked away.

  "Flight 327 to Rhode Island is now boarding. I repeat flight 327 to Rhode Island is now boarding." The woman on the intercom explains like a robot

  I sighed and smiled at my family.

  My dad hands me my plane ticket and gives me one last kiss on the cheek.

  I started to walk to the gate and waited in line to show the flight attendant my ticket.

  "Carly!! Wait!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

  I turn my head to see it's Drew running over to me holding some letter.

  He ran up to me, and then cleared his throat.

  "I know I'm the last person you want to see right now. But listen. I'm going To give you this letter. Read it on the plane or don't read it. Because if you read it, you'll call me when you land. And if you don't call me, then I know that you have made up your mind." He tells me while handing me the letter.

  "Goodbye Mr. Rollings." I say snatching the letter from him and walking up to the flight attendant showing her my ticket.

  "Okay your seat is 3B." She tells me handing me back my ticket.

  I nod and then walk through the gate.

  Once I get in, I look for my seat then once I found it, I put my bags in that cubby that's above your seat. Then grabbed my laptop and sat down on the seat next to the window.

  I look at Drew's letter debating whether to read it or not to read it.

  "Hey, I'm Conrad." A polite voice says.

  I look up from the letter to see a guy in a Brown university sweatshirt sitting right next to me and holding out his hand.

I looked down at the letter then back at him.

Then back and forth.

  I closed my eyes and sighed, then opened them up and smiled at the guy while tearing up Drew's letter. Then shaking that guy's hand, making him smile back.

  "Hey, I'm Carly." I tell him with a smile,

  To be continued...