Chapter 5: My Pizza is Hotter Than You

Chapter V: My Pizza is Hotter Than You

"Alright I have officially finished like six quizzes in one day." Marcus said while walking in my room.

"That must be a new record. Last week, you took three in one day." I said while adjusting my glasses and letting out a chuckle.

"Well little sister, college is full of quizzes and exams." He said with a chuckle.

My mom then walked in, and was wiping her eyes. Marcus instantly stood up from my bed which he was sitting already on. And I got up from my computer chair and then we both walked up to my mom.

"What's wrong!?" I asked while looking at her with worried eyes.

"It's a client. She um, she committed suicide this morning." She said while letting out a cough.

"I'm so sorry mom." Marcus said while giving her a frown.

"It's okay, it's happened before. Now excuse me, I'm going to buy a fruit basket for her family." She said while wiping her eyes and then walking out of my bedroom.

I feel bad for my mom, she's a psychiatrist, and she deals with troubled teens all the time. And my guess is that my mom grew attached to this girl that killed herself. Which is a pretty depressing matter because my mom hates it when people die.

"Wow, that's really sad." I frowned while looking at Marcus.

"It really is. Hey since dad is out of town and mom is probably going to spend a lot of time with her deceased client's family, wanna order pizza?" He asked while giving me a cheeky grin.

"Um sure, I want peppers on mine." I said while grabbing my phone and texting Drew back.

"Drew seems like a cool guy. Stay away from him." He said while giving me a pointed look then walking out of my bedroom.
I seriously don't get him sometimes, I guess it's just a part of the big brother curse.

Marcus needs to calm down whenever I hang out with guys or even when guys talk to me. I can handle myself perfectly fine without his stupid help from his stupid self.

Keely: Hey you wanna hang out? I kinda need to talk to you

Keely just sent me this message. I'm really staring to get worried about her. Because she usually never has any problems.

Me: Yea Sure when? And what's wrong?

I looked at my phone while biting my lip, waiting for my best friend to reply back to my message.

Keely: It's um Lance...

This made me even more curious. Did her and Lance have a thing and I was too dumb to notice it? Now she definitely got my full attention on this matter.

Me: When do you want to talk? This can't be ignored

I was picking my fingernails waiting. I want her to meet soon. Because this really can't be ignored.

Keely: I know I know. Tomorrow? Meet me at Chick Fil a

I raised my eyebrow. Tomorrow is Sunday. She of all people knows that Chick Fil a is closed on Sundays sheesh she really did lose her mind.

Me: Tomorrow is Sunday just come over my house

I sighed while walking out of my bedroom and down the stairs. With my phone in my hand.

Keely: Alright, I'll be over at ten, Naomi is coming with me

I walked into the living room reading the message again then replying back to it. Knowing what to say.