Chapter 34: Are you ready to graduate?

Chapter XXXIV: Are you ready to graduate?

  Naomi and I were sitting at Starbucks, she sighed and leaned her back against her chair and closed her eyes.

  "Graduation practice was so damn long. And why did we have to bring our caps and gowns when we didn't even wear them during the whole damn thing?" She asks me.

  "I'm not sure. Ask the dean." I tell her looking over my speech cards.

  "Yeah I'm not going back there." She tells me.

  "Then your question will remain unanswered Naomi." I tell her chuckling.

  "I hate you." She says.

  I look up at her and smirk.

  "Mhm, you love me." I giggle.

  "Yeah, ugh my roommate is some smart Vietnamese girl from Seattle." She tells me looking down at her phone.

  "You already know your roommate?" I ask with disbelief.

  She looks up at me and nods.

  "Uh yeah, don't you know who your roommate will be at Brown?" She asks me.

  "Nope, I don't find out until move in day." I sigh while shaking my head.

  "Ah that sucks." She tells me.

  "Yeah. It does." I agree taking a sip of my vanilla bean frappuccino.

  "Are you ready to graduate?" She asks me.

  "Hell ya." I say grinning back.

  ♕|♕
  Naomi and I were walking to the football field the next day.

  "You got this miss valedictorian." She says smiling at me.

  "Yeah I know. I'm kind of nervous." I say with a nervous weird laugh.

  "You'll be fine. Just think that after today that you no longer will be in high school." She tells me reassuringly.

  "Now that's something that I can look forward to." I tell her grinning.

  "Good." She tells me grinning.

  "Let's do this thing." I say.

  ♕|♕|♕
  "Picture time!" My mom squeals.

  Marcus took one off my mom's Nikon camera. It's with me in between both of my parents.

Then my mom took a picture of me and Marcus off of my phone and his phone, and he was wearing my graduation cap and carrying me bridal style like he used to do when we were little children and we both smiled at the camera.

  Then Naomi and I took one together off both of our phones. With our parents taking it from our phones. She was giving me a kiss on my cheek with her arms wrapped around me. Then I did the same thing for the other picture.

  "I can't believe that we graduated." She grins

  "Me either." I chuckle.

  "Now it's time for the senior cruise." She tells me squealing.

  Our parents were talking to one another and Marcus was sitting on the bleachers texting away on his phone.

  "Okay girls, we'll meet you two at Olive Garden." Naomi's dad says to us.

  We nod and then we start walking away from our families and towards Naomi's car.

  "Drew had watery eyes while I was giving my speech." I tell her once we get in her car.

  She sighs.

  "If he gives you some bullshit on the cruise, I'm going to throw him overboard." She tells me then starts the engine.