The Raid

Ino found herself standing in a very dangerous place.

Heavy rains were falling down from the skies drenching the bloodstained ground and the corpses that littered over it.

It was a story of devastation and pain.

She caught sight of shinobi wearing uniforms of Kumogakure and those from Uzu lying dead for as far as she could see.

Giant craters, scorched earth, destroyed sections of forest, dried up lakes and broken weapons greeted her at each turn. In the far off distance there were huge towers of fire erupting from all over the earth.

It was hell.

Yet the battle was not over.

It was then she sensed that familiar and terrifying aura once again.

Despite her instincts telling her to run away, her legs rushed her towards the direction of that power. Her heart threatened to explode as the presence became even more stronger and the screams of a thousand souls reached her.

Soon enough, she came across a mountain side cliff and took up position at its edge as she caught glimpse of the ongoing battle.

Her eyes widened on seeing thousands of shinobi from Kumogakure standing on one side lead by none other than the Gold and Silver Brothers, joining them in the fight was the elite Kinkaku Blackops Unit.

Judging by their sheer numbers, the entire battalion was present and participated in the battle.

Her eyes widened in horror as she saw three or four dozen young teenagers and even children with familiar red hair of the Uzumaki clan lying dead across the battlefield. They were all dressed in Anbu gear and many still had masks on their faces even in death, it was then she caught sight of a lone boy wearing the same uniform and a wolf mask cradling one young Anbu with bright red hair in his arms. Judging from the boy's lack of movement and nasty hole in his chest, he was dead.

Ino felt something in her chest tighten when she saw the lone boy from Uzu having blonde hair engulf his younger but dead friend in a bear hug. Tears of blood started to fall from the blonde Anbu's eyes and it gave birth to a feeling so powerful that it reached Ino's own heart.

Hate.

She rushed downhill uncaring of the danger she was putting herself in as that familiar haunting feeling in her heart grew stronger.

However, she was forced to stop when the Uzu soldier laid down his comrade and lifted his gaze towards the enemy that outnumbered and surrounded him.

It was then she saw those red and haunting eyes.

Sharingan?

No, she thought for those eyes lacked any tomoe or the pattern of the Uchiha Clan's famed dojutsu. What made her doubt that conviction was the fact that the chakra she felt from the boy did feel familiar to that of an Uchiha. It could barely be sensed but that didn't change the fact that it was there. And those eyes...

However, there was another presence. One more stronger than the Uchiha chakra that she had felt earlier, it coiled around the boy like a shroud and threatened to burn anyone that got near him.

Dark black colored ash started to leak out of the boy's entire body as the enemy army in front of him charged once again with a thunderous roar.

With a deafening and monstrous roar of his own, the last Uzu shinobi charged forward to meet his foes head on.

She was about to scream at him, to warn him to give up and run away but was suddenly at a loss of sense as the world around her started to disappear instantly.