A New Leaf

Naruto found himself facing the finest warriors of Kirigakure alongside its most terrifying weapon of mass destruction. The sight would have made most think about getting into any altercation, yet it only filled him with a sense of eagerness.

There was nothing like a good fight.

He blinked on realizing the direction of his thoughts, as he was usually more composed than this. Why was he feeling the desire to kill? The burning sensation of inflicting pain?

He glanced at Muramasa firmly held in his right hand and felt it to be in completely in sync with his chakra without any intent to disturb his thoughts.

He then realized a strange sensation.

It felt like something was behind him, a cold sense of dread and haunting. The emptiness...

He had felt something awaken inside of him on that mountain that night. He still remembered that agony he had felt, the sheer rage to burn down the entire world to ashes for all it had taken from him.

He probably would have gone through with it had Tobirama not saved Ino...

Yet in that deepest pit of despair, he had felt connected to something primal. It had echoed with his pain and embraced him in its darkness granting something in return for taking away a part of his soul.

The proof of which now lied right in front of his eyes.

His blood red eyes could now see the various forms of energy lurking inside of his opponents. Granted, he had always been able to see chakra before whenever he activated his imperfect sharingan...but this time was different.

That energy had a life of its own shaped by the soul of its vessel.

Haku's was the purest like a peaceful lake showing contentment and happiness. Mangetsu's was full of determination yet was also quite relaxed, Zabuza had a yearning for something powerful, Kisame's was cold and sharp, Ameyuri's was full of rage and hatred, while Jinpachi's was one of ruthlessness.

He could also see the sheer amount of energy in nature itself that his eyes previously couldn't see but what he had always felt was there whenever he used Sage mode.

He felt himself more connected to this endless energy than he ever had with anything else.

Zabuza and Kisame clasping their hands together in unison was the first move...

"Water Style: Water Shockwave!"

Mangetsu narrowed his gaze when the blonde's normal red eyes developed a black slit colored pattern. His dark chakra rushed forward and transformed into a raging inferno clashing fiercely against the massive body of water.

Jinpachi vanished as soon as steam was spread across the training ground effectively displaying his mastery of the silent technique. Haku followed seconds later alongside Zabuza and Kisame as they all disappeared much to Mei's surprise.

Ameyuri blinked when a a powerful gust of wind pushed her back and vaporized all the mist spread across the training ground in an instant.

Mangetsu grit his teeth in frustration when he saw all four of his comrades had made their own respective crash landings and had not even been able to reach their opponent who looked at them with the same cold and challenging gaze.

He pointed his sword, Kabutowari towards his opponent earning a respectful nod from him.

The others were about to join in when Haku gestured them to stop when she saw the determined look in her childhood friend's eyes. She saw nearly everyone thought Mangetsu to be insane if he thought himself capable of facing Naruto alone.