Schism

(Konoha)

Hiruzen Sarutobi alongside his advisors and few clan heads watched the video recording sent by the Uzukage on the Astral Projector. It was the pinnacle of Uzu's success, the likes even Konoha couldn't even dream to achieve. The recording had been sent by one of Uzu's deep cover operatives within their new revolutionized ally nation.

He glanced to his side to look at his mentor, Tobirama Senju.

He saw the man briefly smile when he watched his only son appear in front of a deeply enchanted crowd whose roars nearly deafened the entire world.

The Fourth Mizukage.

While the coronation ceremony was nothing out of the ordinary, the sheer presence of so many people from each of the Land of Water's territories marked the beginning of a revolution that had shaken the foundation of the ninja world.

A shinobi had seized a great nation under his rule.

"The feudal lords are calling him a tyrant, if not for our current war situation I am very sure our own would also publicly denounce him like the others have already done" commented Koharu seriously,

They were all surprised when Tobirama chuckled a bit drawing everyone's attention to him.

"Does that look like a tyrant to you? No tyrant ever gave back so much" countered the Senju clan head without hesitation,

Hiruzen and the others would have argued but they had all heard of the swift reforms the new Mizukage had brought to his nation. In a matter of a few weeks, he had literally changed the destiny of his nation and the people loved him for it-evident from the sheer amount of presence and cheering they saw right before their eyes.

"I don't think any Kage ever received such reception upon his coronation" whispered one of the other clan heads,

"That's no Kage, my lord" replied Lord Shin Nara cryptically,

"Lord Nara?"

"That's a conqueror. A King in the truest sense" answered the Nara leader,

Despite not being on his side, Tobirama felt immense pride from the bottom of his heart for what his son had achieved despite all that he went through in his miserable life. If he had been born in Kirigakure, Tobirama himself would have volunteered to follow the man before him.

There was something truly special about the boy, a feeling he had only experienced for his deceased older brother who had ruled over the shinobi world.

Now another Senju had taken up that mantle.

"Tobirama is a good leader...but Naruto will be simply great"

He remembered Mito's parting words to his son before he left their village and the visual before him was proof of the woman's words coming true.

"Did he really defeat two Biju and an army that outnumbered his paltry force many times over?" asked Danzo skeptically,

"All the reports we received from all our sources point that way. Does he ever lose any battle at all?" questioned Homura in disbelief,

Tobirama understood his former student's feelings. As far as they knew the new Mizukage had never lost a single battle at all.

His series of victories beginning with his conquest of Osaka which led to Tobirama's freedom from Kumogakure's captivity. It then went on to an even more impossible victory when he went deep behind enemy lines and eliminated the Lightning Daimyo starting a war of succession that was only recently solved leading to great instability.

The successful assault of Nagi Island, forming a peace treaty with the Land of Fire and now winning a civil war.

If those feats weren't impressive enough, he remembered Operation Thunderbolt and all the other missions he had successfully completed either as an Uzu Spartan Captain or acting as a Kiri Anbu Operative. Each victory though came at a heavy price leaving the boy alone in the end without any family or friends. However, it was a cost only Tobirama and a selected few individuals knew the boy had paid.