Epilogue

(Two Years Later)

"My Brother- My Pride"

Nagato Uzumaki's eyes were full of grief and pride as the young Uzumaki instructor retold the heroic tale of his fallen sibling to a large class full of school children. Looking back at the television screen behind him and the smiling face of Naruto Namikaze on it made him feel as if they had just parted ways yesterday. Such was the advancement of technology in such a short span of time with humanity not engaged in never ending wars.

Glancing back at the young children before him from every nation made him smile and take some solace from the legacy left behind by his sibling.

"Life should be measured in deeds and not years, children. When I think of Naruto Namikaze's life of 27 years, I feel that there is no greater honor than being a soldier of humanity. No greater pride than in fighting for a better future for every human and living being on this planet" said Nagato proudly,

He smiled when one of the boys raised his hand nervously.

"What is it, Tenzo?" asked Nagato with a content smile,

"How did he make that final stand? How could he rush in to certain death without hesitation?" asked the thirteen year old young boy nervously

Nagato sensed quite a few among the children shared that fear and it was only natural for this was a generation that had never witnessed any conflict at all, much less a world war.

The Terran Federation alongside the Vow renouncing war forced humanity to come together, Madara's actions and Naruto's sacrifice resulted in every human being linked to each other through chakra. Each person better connected to others, able to feel and to some extent understand each others feelings and wishes- it was that enlightenment which the Sage of Six Paths had sought to impart and took 3,000 years of bloodshed and countless lives to achieve.

The War to End all Wars.

The irony wasn't lost on Nagato now that he had studied history so closely that mankind only achieved a true and lasting peace among itself after fighting wars for thousands of years.

And maybe it was part of their learning, their evolution for one couldn't truly fear the horrors of war if they hadn't experienced it first hand like these children.

"Naruto was in many ways a simple man. He promised us Spartans that he would bring us all home alive that time, no matter the odds. More than the strategic decision of buying time for his comrades until Kirigakure and Uzushiogakure's armies arrived to deal the final blow, he chose to sacrifice his life to save ours. I have seen quite a few heroes in my life, but none like him" answered Nagato truthfully,

"It is true. Naruto was something else, always lead from the front, always in the thick of battle, rescuing his comrades and bringing everyone home. He was a true leader" agreed Hayate Uzumaki with a respectful nod, his fellow Spartan officer having chosen to join Nagato's class much to his friend's surprise.

"A good friend and a terrifying enemy" agreed Kasumi Uzumaki, who was now married to Hayate just as Naruto had imagined and wished Nagato to accomplish which the redhead had.

"And what of all the people he has killed? Even innocents?"

Nagato felt the anger and bitterness in the heart of a young girl from the former Land of Earth and it was understandable after the destruction of Iwagakure and its citizens when the last war started. Granted, it was Madara who did the deed but Naruto's participation alongside the Spartans in the actions couldn't be denied.

"He paid for that action with his life. And so did we by losing family to the war. Is it enough? No. It was really an unfortunate and impossible situation everyone found themselves in. The leaders who orchestrated it died as a result, all we can do is learn from the past and not let such a tragedy repeat itself ever again" answered Nagato truthfully,