The Sword Of Darkness

"There...is...no...greater...honor...than...to...die...to...protect...your...family...and...home"

He remembered his father's smile and solemn words in that miserable hospital room. Even when his body had given up, his spirit had not. There was no regret in those eyes as the man died with a smile on his face.

"I'm...so...proud...of...you...I...wish...we...could...have...spent...more...time...together. Remember...what...I...said...about...Tobirama...and...look...after...your...little...brother...Promise...me...Mi..."

He had cried tears of blood that night on seeing his mother meet her end before his very eyes. Until the very end, she had protected him, even giving her life for him and dying with a smile on her face.

"You...are...the...savior...of...our...people...I...know...you...can...do...it"

His little brother's final words tore his heart apart as he watched his last family die with a smile on his face.

Time after time, his heroes, his family, his friends, his comrades...they died trying to protect their home against people whose ambition knew no limits. Those sacrifices gave birth to endless pain and anger...most of all it gave the most powerful feeling in his heart.

Hatred.

"KINKAKU!"

Mei felt a chakra even more sinister than her own monster's get unleashed across the entire city. It consumed everything in its path threatening to drown it all in endless agony. The killing intent, she had never felt so much anger and hate before in her life. Even the Six Tails wrath paled in comparison to this feeling.

It was not just her, but every single shinobi from both sides who were affected to the point that the fighting had stopped as each of them tried to sustain themselves against this power.

She could already see many of the younger and less experienced shinobi from Kiri falling to their knees and grasping their chest in pain.

Her eyes then narrowed down upon the direction from where this power was born.

She froze.

There in front of her stood Lord Seventh, except for the fact that he no longer resembled the man she knew.

Those once blue eyes were now pitch red having been consumed in hatred and pain that only sought to inflict agony. But most of all, she felt his pain. A never ending fire that burned his heart day and night, threatening to torture him till eternity.

A man consumed by darkness.

Dark chakra more closer to ash was emerging from his body and hovering around him like a protective parent.

But it was the sword that terrified her.

With every passing second, it was growing more and more red to the point that even from this distance she could feel the heat contained in that metal fueled by Naruto's rage and hatred.

"It's him..."

"Can't...believe...he...still...lives...after...that...battle..."

"Demon..killer..."

"This...is...bad"

"We're...dead"

Mei blinked on hearing that terrified chattering among the most feared special forces unit in the world. They had laughed at her and her power even when she summoned the Biju's chakra against them. But now, she could see real fear in their eyes and it was soon followed by red smoke bombs going off in the air.

Tobirama blinked when he saw the remaining Kumogakure forces instantly abandon the fight and run for their very lives. The Seven Ninja swordsman and Kiri forces gave chase but were stopped when the Kinkaku units got in the way to cover the retreat of their comrades.