Last Light

Naruto stood alone in his bedroom as he examined the gear currently displayed across his bed. Four different scrolls containing kunai and shuriken, even the exploding ones. Beside that rested a medkit, a sturdy pair of ropes and another scroll containing sealing tags alongwith his custom made gear.

A standard blue shirt over which he would wear a common grey-colored flak jacket which was prevalent among Kumo shinobi and dark black pants. Unlike the past where he preferred combat boots, this time he was wearing combat edition sandals as only the Kinkaku were allowed combat boots in Kumogakure.

Another change was the fact that he was not going to carry Muramasa with him in this mission. Just like every other swordsmen will be leaving their infamous swords behind and only carry standard weapons.

It would reduce their power nearly by half but the main objective of this mission was to break the Land of Lightning's unity, that would never happen if Kirigakure was found to be behind the assassination of the Daimyo and his family.

It was why he was carrying his sword from his Anbu days. It was a sharp weapon and extremely light in nature, the fact that it could channel chakra was an added bonus.

At the end of this gear was also a will he had written should something happen to him.

It was a possibility every shinobi had to prepare for and he was no exception. After all these years, it was second nature to him. Previously, he had willed to have his assets and wealth be distributed to the orphan children of Uzu.

While that mandate still existed, he had also added another part of his will that made Ino his beneficiary for all the wealth he had earned in Kirigakure. Suffice it to say, considering his vast Anbu career and current enlistment as one of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen, would not leave her wanting for money.

Satisfied that he had everything in place for tomorrow's mission, he quickly placed the entire set in his wardrobe carefully, to be taken out tomorrow night when he embarked on the mission.

Just as he finished, he heard a soft knock on the door and saw his wife standing there patiently with a resigned expression on her face.

"It's tomorrow, isn't it?" she asked knowingly,

"Yes"

He narrowed his eyes in curiosity when she nodded and then went out for a moment only to come back with a soft wooden box in her hands. He walked towards her and didn't miss the apprehension on her face.

"Open it" she requested, earning a nod from him.

He gingerly lifted the lid and blinked in surprise when he saw what she had got for him. He looked at her and saw her fears clearly.

His hand picked up one of the custom made kunai that was neatly placed in the box. Unlike other normal kunai, this one was completely different. For starters, there were three sharply edged blades instead of one possessed by normal kunai. While it was a little heavier, its handle was made of fine leather that made it easy to hold. He also didn't miss that it had tiny slot over which any seal could be placed to make it an explosive weapon.

This weapon would prove extremely helpful in melee battles and long range fights as well. Plus, there was another idea that was forming in his mind for which he could use these kunai.

A weapon like this could only be crafted by the chief blacksmith of this village, one who had made his prized sword.

And his services were extremely expensive, even most Jounin couldn't afford to buy his weapons.

Ino had brought two dozen of such kunai for him if that other box of similar design resting on their dining table was any indication apart from the one in his hand.