The General

The bright morning rays were intruding through the windows of the hotel as Naruto strolled down the stairs. When he reached the ground floor, he was pleased to find the Seven Ninja Swordsmen standing ready alongside the entire 501st. There were bright smiles on quite a few faces after a full day's rest.

More than that he saw hope in many eyes, his people truly wanted this alliance between their villages as nearly thirty of their comrades had given their lives to see it through.

It was those dead men and women that had kept him up at night.

He had lost his wife due to Konoha, knowing Ino she would still want him to forge an alliance between their villages. But he just couldn't forgive the Leaf for what they did to her and to him with all their lies.

But did that give him the right to drag Kirigakure in his personal vendetta and altered viewpoint towards the world?

"Naruto, you do remember the nations we truly serve?"

Ino's fateful words from long ago came back to haunt him as he realized how attached he was becoming towards Kirigakure and its people.

But now he didn't even want to serve Uzu or atleast its current leadership after what they did to Kushina despite everything she and him had done for the village.

The turmoil in his heart grew more stronger until he felt a hand being placed on his shoulder.

"General, are you alright?" asked Haku with genuine concern in her eyes,

He looked at the younger girl and saw quite a few people shared her feelings as they looked at his pale face.

Did he truly have the right to use such impeccable faith of these people in him for his personal goals? If yes, then what was the difference between people like Danzo, Hiruzen, Tobirama, the Uzukage...and him?

A world of peace...A world of Truth.

A new strength and determination flew through him as he remembered the promise he had made over his wife and child's grave and what his goal would achieve for the entire world. He had tried the noble and honorable approach to bring peace but had failed miserably. He had tried to fight for his nation and even Kiri and Konoha to an extent but had failed time and again.

Now it was time to do whatever necessary for the sake of his dreams...it was time he truly listened to his own heart even if it meant becoming the devil he once hated.

"Absolutely. It's just too sunny here...I'm used to Kiri's miserable damp weather" replied Naruto with a teasing smile,

Haku smiled at his remark earning amused chuckles from the remaining Seven Ninja Swordsmen and the 501st fighters as well. With a reassuring nod, Naruto walked towards the exit making the others join his side. From the corner of his eyes, he gave them all an apologetic look...

"You can hate me all you want later...or perhaps you will be able to understand my feelings once I create a new and peaceful world, a place where people can truly feel each other's hearts. Either way, I must walk on this path until the very end"

With that determination burning within himself, he met the escort sent by the Hokage at the hotel entrance's and together the entire group then made their way towards the Hokage Tower to complete what they had came here to do.

(Hokage Tower)

Hiruzen Sarutobi held back a flinch as he watched the Kiri delegation led by Naruto Namikaze enter his hall. He felt uncomfortable when the man's gaze met his own before he silently gestured his people to take their seats first and only after they were seated- he took his own at the opposite end from Hiruzen. An action that didn't go unnoticed by Tobirama, Mito, Danzo, Lord Hyuga, Lord Shin Nara and few other ninja clan representatives who were going to participate in these negotiations since most clan heads were currently on the frontlines.