My War

Tobirama Senju alongside his niece and the rest of his guard had not expected to meet Kisame Hoshigaki, one of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen as their escort before they even reached the Kirigakure army camp.

The infamous warrior had greeted them curtly and escorted them respectfully to what was now a full blown military function being conducted by their allies.

"I have a feeling they planned this demonstration instead of us springing up in the middle of it" said Shisui Uchiha, the young leader of his clan. The boy had proven himself a capable warrior and a fine leader after the death of his father Kagami in battle, one of Tobirama's prized students.

Tobirama agreed with the Uchiha's suggestion as their entire entourage was now seated upon a large stage built to observe the entire ceremony and even joined by all the Seven Ninja Swordsmen who seemed proud and eager for the ceremony.

The former Hokage could understand their feelings considering it would be their men participating in this ceremony and their performance would reflect upon their General's conduct as well.

He smiled when he saw Tsunade was quite excited for a change when the war drums started beating and the ground started shaking a little at first before it transformed into a sizeable tremor.

In the past one year, Kirigakure had not just conquered nations and increased its power significantly but also brought more improvements and changes to their military structure.

It was evident when the 1st Legion under the command of General Mangetsu Hozuki began the flag march. The Hozuki clan head looked extremely proud when the finest representatives from his 10,000 strong army roared a mighty war cry before pointing their swords respectfully towards their leader and the other dignitaries. They were considered to be the finest fighters of their nation, always serving as the vanguard in every campaign.

Following them was the 2nd Legion under the leadership of General Ameyuri Ringo. The female swordsmen grinned victoriously when the representatives of her 8,000 strong force fired off a sea of lightning bolts from their swords making the very skies rumble tremendously.

The 3rd Legion under the leadership of General Kisame Hoshigaki were unique as their leader. Tobirama's eyes widened in surprise when he saw the small group representating the 8,000 strong force marching in discipline upon a tidal wave of water that they also controlled. It was bizarre sight but one which also displayed the sheer control these ninjas had over the water element, a feat which truly earned them the former Hokage's respect.

The 4th and 5th legion were under the command of General Haku Yuki and General Jinpachi Munashi, both having 8,000 warriors each and respectable fighting forces to be be wary of.

"Each legion is an army on its own" commented Shisui warily,

Tobirama agreed with that accurate assessment from the Uchiha leader as he had seen a complete contingent in every legion.

Scouts and Sensors, Battle ninjas, Medics, Sealing Experts, Communications Specialists, Airborne Special forces, Engineers, Logistics and Support Units.

"Lord Fourth call its the Corps system" said Mangetsu proudly, upon seeing the Konoha delegation's curiosity.

"Is your Navy a part of it?" asked Tsunade excitedly,

"No, they are an independent force led by Admiral Zabuza Momoichi. We rule the Seas with their help"

Tobirama gestured his grandniece to maintain her silence instead of answering upon that remark, nor did he miss the slight tightening of Zabuza's fists even as the man kept a stony silence.

So, there are cracks no matter how small.

"Impressive. Although I wonder if your men are not exhausted from the constant campaigns. Haven't they not seen their homes in nearly two years?" he asked carefully,