Chapter 4

I walk out into the middle of the feild and look around. I try to take it all in about where I am and why I might be here. I lay down on the soft green grass looking up into the bright blue sky. As I'm looking up, I see a glare. It looks like a billion hectogons, like a roof over me. Then I stand back up and I hear a woman yell, "He's awake and outside!"

I hear stomping and yelling coming from the tall thin building to my left. I see about thirty women run out of the front door and towards me. They all stop when Tiff, the women from before, stopped about 5 feet infront of me. We stare at eachother for a few minutes. No words, no sound, until a girl coughs and wrecks the scilence.

Tiff comes out and finally breaks the scilence once again and asks me my name. I'm scary and I start to panic. She comes over and gives me a hug and whispers in my ear to relax and not to be scared . She pulls off of me and puts her hands on my shoulders and said,

"I'll ask you one more time, and I know this is overwelming and your feeling scared but we are your family now and we will help you. You just have to start by telling us your name."

Her voice is soft like an angles, it's calming and sweet. I look up from the ground into her beautiful blue eyes and stare into them, almost getting lost. Then I queitly say,

"My... My name is Mat."

"Well, Mat. Welcome to the Glade." Tiff said turning and showing me the veiw, "I'm Tiff, the leader in this group."

She pauses and turns to the rest of the girls and says, "Well ladies back to work! Work until dinner tonight, and we'll have the rest of the night off, sound good?" The ladies all say yes at once and off they go.

Tiff turns back to me and holds her hand out, "I can show you around, if you want." She said with adorable smile on her face and looking up at me with those eyes.

I grab her hand and she grips mine harded, we turn and walk towards the barns.