Chapter 18

I wake up to screaming and yelling, it's Tracy. I quickly get up and crawl out into the open. I see Tracy trying to fight off Grievers, trying get it away from Sandy. I run over and try to help her. I yell at her, "Shouldn't the doors be open it's about time they should be open. Why aren't they open!"

She looks at me and looks back at the Grievers fighting them away with me. She yells back at me, "I don't know, it's 8:00 in the morning it should!" "Then what the fuck is goin' on!!!" I scream back. "I don't fucking know!" She screams back at me. It's been an hour or so of fight off these Grievers. I grab our knifes from our back and give one to her. We keep swinging the knife at the Grievers to try and keep them away from us.

As we are fighting we hear these load noices. There coming from the doors of the Maze. I keep wondering if there opening or if it's just me hearing things because I'm scared. She looks at me and asks, "Do you hear that?" I nod yes but then one of the Grievers start running at Tracy. I grab her and pull her to the ground and the Griever goes over us and hits the stone wall. The sound was horrifying and it doesn't move at all. The Griever just laid there not moving, not making a sound, just laying there.

I stand up as the other Griever is watching me, it's scary. He's just watching and waiting. I pull up Tracy and say, "Are you okay?" "Well you just saved my life and I standing so I'm great." She answers with a smile. "Go check if Sandy is doing okay and I'll stay here to fight them off until you come back okay?" "Okay." She runs over to see Sandy while I fight on. As I fight the Griever swings his arm around to try and get me and he scratches my head. Blood, running down my face. I get up to fight some more and then it happened.

Then suddenly the Griever run, far away. Me and Tracy are so confuced, I look at her and she looks at me. We don't get it the Griever only run when the doors are open. But the doors aren't open, are they opening. I turn around to look at Tracy "Are they opening?" I ask her. "It's open!" She stares at the doors opening.