So Help Me God, Amen

"Beth listen to me! Go in the house!" I say, she listens without question and I head over to Rick and Daryl.

"What the hell happened?!" I ask frustrated.

"I don't know. Keres, make sure everyone gets in the house safely okay! He couldn't have gone far. Please just make sure they stay safe." Rick pleads and I nod my head in agreement and head to the house.

I get Andrea, Maggie, Beth, Patricia, Hershel, Lori, and Carol inside the house.

"Ok, I need you to listen to me! Stay here I'm gonna check the house to make sure it's clear." I order them.

"Like hell I'm gonna stand here and take orders from you!" Andrea argues.

I take a deep breath and pinch the bridge of my nose fighting the urge to punch her and knock her out. I give her a serious death glare and she finally backs down.

"Ok, now that we have that settled. I'll be right back." I huff and check all the rooms in the house.

I lock all the windows and doors to make sure that if Randall somehow gets in we'll most likely hear it. It takes me about 15 minutes to clear the entire house. Once I'm done I head back downstairs in the living room where everyone looks petrified.

"Ok, the house is clear and I turned off all the lights." I explain to them.

"Where did Rick and the others go?" Carol asks in a small voice.

"Out to look for Randall. Shane said that Randall attacked him in the woods." Andrea explains.

"Wait, what?" I say confused. "When?!"

"A few minutes after T-dog said that he had escaped." She says.

"Ok. Andrea. Stay here with them. Use this only if it's an emergency." I say handing her my gun and she nods.

"Wait, where are you going? I thought Rick told you to stay here with us." Lori asks.

"Yeah, well Carl was supposed to be here too. I'm going to go find him and bring him back." I say.

Lori starts getting hysterical realizing that she didn't even notice Carl wasn't there. The others calm her down and reassure her that I'll find him and bring him back safely.

I head out knowing damn well that Carl is in one of the bathrooms in the house. I told him to sit tight when I found him.

I look out in the woods and follow a trail of some drops of blood that head out into a field. I get to the opening and see Shane and Rick in the middle of the field in a stand off.

You've really done it now Shane. I think to myself.

"You can't protect them Rick!" Shane yells.

"Shane just put the gun down." Rick says back.

"Come on man, raise your gun!" Shane orders.

"You're gonna have to kill an unarmed man." Rick retorts putting his hands up at his side after tossing his piece.

I walk and push Rick out of the way.

"Shane, give me the gun. You don't wanna do this." I say as Rick just sits in the grass watching.

I inch closer to Shane with my hands out where he can see them. I can see tears forming in his eyes. I gulp and reach out to take his gun. He hands it over and collapses in my arms crying on our knees.

"It's ok, it's over now." I repeat as I stroke his head like I used to do when we were younger and he would have one of his meltdowns.

He cries into my shoulder and I reach down into my boot. My breath hitches in the cold air. I take out the knife and squeeze Shane in a big hug one last time before I plummet the knife into his heart.

He looks up at me with a shocked expression in his eyes. All I can do is look down at him while he struggles to talk. The light in his eyes begin to fade before he utters 4 words. "It's-not your...fault." He lays there motionless in the dew speckled grass.

Rick looks at me with tears in his eyes, not knowing what to do or say. I close my eyes and let out a shaky breath. I look down at Shane's lifeless corpse and close it's eyes.

All of the sudden I hear a rustle in the weeds and look up and see Carl with tears falling down his face. I take off Shane's holster and put it on myself. I pick up his gun and put it the holster.

I get up and start walking away not knowing what I could possibly say to Rick. A twig snaps and I turn around and see walker Shane walking towards Rick and Carl. I take out his gun and shoot him in the head. Watching him fall once more I let out a breath that I had held in for a while.

All of the sudden I hear moans and look and see a whole herd of zombies coming right at us.

"Go! Get the others and get out of here! NOW!" I yell at Rick and he gets up and gets Carl and starts running toward the farm.

I get out my whip blade and start slicing at head and limbs at a fast rate but start running back to the farm when I realize that it's way more than a simple herd. It's a fucking horde. The walkers are gaining ground fast and Rick and Carl don't have the time to get to the house.

"Go in the barn." I tell them as I start killing a few more.

I try to hold them off but it's no use. A bunch get passed me and into the barn. I run trying to get in front of them when I see the barn go up in flames. Rick and Carl are on top of the camper as a bunch of walkers walk right into the fire. I look ahead and see Hershel shooting a few stragglers.

"Hershel get the hell out of here now!!!" I yell at him.

I see Beth, Patricia and Lori all holding hands running together towards a vehicle. Petricia screams as a walker bites down on her arm and another on her neck.

I stab them both the head and tell Lori to get Beth to safety. Beth lets go of Patricia as I stab her in the head putting her out of her misery fast. I see Carl and Rick get into a car and they plead me to go with them.

But I refuse not seeing Carol. Maggie and Glenn end up heading off on their own and I go and find Carol by the fence and tell her we need to go. Daryl comes riding in on his motorcycle and gets Carol on the back.

"Keres get on!" Daryl yells.

"There's something I have to do! Go! I'll be fine!" I assure him and he gives me a nod and speeds off with Carol.

I run back into the field. Walkers parting as I run through the horde. I find Shane's body and tears fill my eyes. I take off his 22 necklace and put it in my pocket. Along with his little notebook from his pants pocket.

I give him one last kiss on the forehead and head off to meet with the others in our designated spot cursing myself for not saying "I Love you."