Run

Keres' POV:
I get up and dressed for the day, dreading my first day being Negan's assistant. Not only because I'm gonna have to constantly be by him, but because of all the jeering from his men I'll no doubt get. The worst part, I won't be able to fight back.

"Rise and shine." Negan says as he opens the door and I look at him with a blank stare.

"Let's go." He shouts as he turns around and walks out the door.

I follow him and I realize that he made me look like a miniature him. I roll my eyes as we make our way up the stairs and he opens a door. He motions for me to go in and I do and it's a room full of men. I recognize a few as Simon and Dwight.

"Thank you for your patience gentlemen." Negan says and pushes me towards the other end of the table.

Instead of him sitting down he has me sit in the chair. The men look at one another a bit confused and I feel Negan's hands on my shoulders.

"You're probably wondering what this one is doing here, right?" Negan asks and they slowly nod their heads.

"Well, she's going to be my assistant. Help lighten the load a bit." He answers and they all look at one another with worry in their eyes.

"She's one of Rick's people though." Simon counters.

"Yeah, we talked about that a bit, and we came to the conclusion that she's most likely not going to be welcomed back into their fold, especially after she carried out two death sentences for their people." Negan explains as he's still standing behind me.

"So, I figured, I'd have her on a job where I can keep an eye on her." Negan explains and it seems to make some sense to the rest of the men in the room.

They start out the meeting and I zone out, bored of all the numbers and stuff. I see one of the men eyeing me up and down with a smirk on his face. I lean back in the chair feeling a bit uncomfortable, but I know if I snap I'll get a lecture I won't possibly be able to concentrate on, or worse it'll give Negan a reason to kill Rick or one of the few others I care about.

"Charles!" Negan shouts and bangs his bat on the table in front of the man's hand, making him jump.

The other men seem surprised as well and I close my eyes as the noise of the bat hitting the table echos in my ears. It starts changing into the noise of the door being slammed by the Governor. I can hear his footsteps getting closer and a chuckle from his throat.

"Were you eye fucking her just now?" Negan growls, snapping me out of my head.

"N-no sir, I-I was-."

"You were looking at her as if she were a fucking buffet and you had the appetite of fat Joey!" Negan shouts, clearly pissed off but I can't figure out why he's so angry.

"Get the fuck out." Negan orders and he quickly gets up out of his seat and bolts out of the room.

"Now, where were we before the fuck fest started?" Negan asks the group and they start getting back on topic.

After the meeting I walk around with Negan as he checks on the workers, making sure they're doing their jobs. Some people sew torn clothes, or just make new clothes and blankets from fabrics. Other people sharpen weapons or create new weapons from broken ones. Other sell weapons to other people, food, clothes, books, toys, and other necessities are being sold for points.

An older woman looks up from her sewing and gives me a small nod as we walk past. The others are on their knees. She's clearly too old to be able to get on hers, plus she's in a wheelchair. It must be good enough for Negan because he doesn't say anything.