Constant Reminder

Rick's POV:
I'm looking outside when I see something in the tall grass. But when I get my binoculars out there's nothing there. Must have been in my head. I think to myself.

I start thinking about what the Governor said to me and how he wants Michonne. I call Daryl over and decide to tell him the truth.

"Wait, so the Governor wants Michonne and then he'll leave us alone? You really believe that?" Daryl explains.

"If you were in my position what would you do?" I ask.

"I'd ask Keres what she thought." He answers the exact answer I didn't want to hear.

I decide to go and talk to Merle. Merle warns me that the Governor is a sick and twisted man and that he won't stop till all of us are dead. But he says he'll help anyway.

Daryl and some of the others go to lay down spike strips for when the Governor comes to attack.

Daryl's POV:
After we lay down the spikes I go inside and find Merle in the basement looking for drugs.

"Ya know I was thinkin' maybe you guys need someone like me to do the dirty work for ya." Merle says.

I don't say anything and just look down at the ground.

"Ohhh, ya had one of those didn't ya?" He asks with a grin.

I huff but he looks at me expectantly.

"Her name was Keres, and that ain't all she was-." I start before Merle cuts me off.

"Wait...did you say Keres?" He asks shocked.

"Yeah why? You meet her?" I ask.

"Well, I can't be sure but there was this girl that the Governor had come across a little less than a year ago. She was walkin' on the side of the road. He offered to show her Woodbury, said that she was alone. But..." Merle stops.

"But what, Merle?!!!!" I yell.

"I watched that Andrea girl shoot her in the head the night that your group attacked." He says solemnly.

"That's great news!" I say before I realize what just came out of my mouth.

"Sorry? I'm lost." Merle says.

"That's probably why she didn't come back to us because she didn't want the Governor to come after us." I say excitedly.

"Okay but, she's still dead..." Merle says completely confused.

"Sorry bro, I have to go." I say as I run upstairs leaving Merle standing there.

Merle's POV:
I decide to do what has to be done and I kidnap Michonne and start bringing her to Woodbury. We're sitting in the car silently when I remember that she was in the room with me when the Governor's Girlfriend Andrea shot that girl.

"Do you remember the night you escaped Woodbury? Where you guys shot up the town?" I ask hesitantly.

"Ya why?" She asks curious.

"I was there when that blonde girl Andrea shot that other girl after she damaged the Governor's eye." I say.

"Ya, I remember that too...she saved my life." She says with a somber smile on her face.

We sit in silence for a while before she speaks up again.

"Why did you bring that girl up earlier?" She asks me but I just keep staring at the road.

"You feel guilty for her death, don't you...but why?" She asks me and I just clench my jaw.

"Did you know her?" She keeps prodding.