Govenor

The Governor's POV:
After the fall of Woodbury I meet two women named Tara and Lilly. They have their sick father they are taking care of as well as a little girl named Megan.

They ask me if I plan on staying in the building and I tell them just for the night. Tara tells me how she was with the police and how she has a bunch of artillery because of it. She also threatens to kill me if I try anything. They give my my holster back but not my gun.

I tell them my name is Brian Heriot. Lily gives me some food to eat and I say thank you when she walks away. I toss it out the window and go back to what I was eating before. Once I'm done eating they have me to clean my plate.

"You get enough to eat?" Lily asks me and I hear the dad coughing up a storm.

She tells me to sit down while she gets me some coffee. The dad is playing a game with the little girl and he asks me if I have a cigarette but Lily reminds him about his oxygen tank.

The two girls sit on either side of me on the couch and they talk about how their dad was a truck driver. They tell me how when shit hit the fan their dad got Megan from school and Lily from the hospital. Tara was at the station.

They get ready for bed and I help with their father getting him to the bed.

"Hey, you hear them?" He asks me once we're alone.

"Yeah. Tara's been up there a bunch of times blasting those bastards to pieces. She says they just keep getting back up. I told her no more. Can't afford to waste their bullets." He says and coughs a few times.

"You got kids?" He asks me and I tense up for a second.

"No." I answer.

He talks about how he never counted on raising his daughters to live in a world like this.

"Hey, I got a buddy. Bill Jenkins, he lives up in 303. He's got a real nice backgammon set up there. He won't mind and he keeps it under his bed there. Just...please. You've been out there in the world and you know how to handle yourself around those things. Look, I know you might not understand it 'cause you don't got a baby girl of your own, but...it might be something that might make my Megan talk again. Please." He says and I head up to the room he was talking about.

I look under the bed like he said and I find what he was talking about. I hear a noise come from the bathroom and I find a biter in the tub. It must've been the guy who lives here. I kill it and see that it has no legs. I find a gun by it and take it with me.

I bring the game to the old man and he thanks me with a hand shake. Lily thanks me as well. I head to the couch and look at the picture of my family. I fall asleep on the couch soon after.

———

I wake up to Lily waking into the room and I quickly grab the photo off the table.

"Couple things for the road." She says and tries to hand me a bag.

"I'm okay." I grumble.

"You helped us. We're saying thank you. Deal with it." She says and tosses me the bag.

"I guess you'll be needing this back." She says and hands me my gun.

"Keep it." I say and she's about to throw it.

"Don't. Throw that at me." I say.

"It's your gun. You can have it back."

"You need another one. I have this." I say and show her the gun I found upstairs.

"Tara was right. We should've frisked you."

"I found it upstairs. You keep that." I say and walk around the couch.