Traitors

Keres' POV:
I wake up to my walkie crackling and I see that it's morning. I look beside me but Rick isn't there. He must've got up early to deal with the bodies.

I pick up the walkie and push the button.

"Hello?" I answer and then un click.

"Ninja do you copy?" Daryl asks and I know something has to be wrong if he's using my code name.

"I copy Greaser." I answer saying his code name.

"No longer with Orphan Annie and her twin after unknown hostiles shootout. Rounded up in alley." He says.

I know that he got separated from Abe and Sasha after hostiles started shooting at them. Then he was taken hostage by a small group of people who seemed to be running from the shooters. So possible allies.

He tells me the last location sign he spotted and I tell him to hang tight and I'll keep Rick out of it.

I get ready and head out without Rick knowing a thing about it. I know that if I told him he would insist on going himself and for me to get rest, but they need him here and I've got plenty of rest.

I kill a few walkers through the underground tunnel that Aaron showed me when we first got to Alexandria. I didn't make it a habit of using it too often because I didn't want more people to find it as well.

I go into the woods and start tracking Daryl from a bunch of burnt walkers in the woods. The fire happened a long time, years even. I count 4 sets of footprints in all. 2 females by the size of shoe and another male other than Daryl. Daryl is purposely making it easy for me to find him by dragging one of his feet sometimes and snapping twigs.

I make my way out of the burnt forest and to a fuel company named Pattrick. There's walkers all working the fenced area wandering around. I follow a gun shell back into the woods and realize that whoever is holding Daryl shot at Daryl 7 times as he ran off into the woods. He missed all 7 times.

I find a dead walker with a hole in its skull from an arrow and know that Daryl killed it. It doesn't take me long to track him and I see that Daryl now has the upper-hand. That is until I hear a truck making its way into the woods. I stay hidden but spot Daryl hiding and the three others freezing in place. The male has blonde hair that's slicked back on his head and one of the females is blonde with a short hair cut while the other is a brunette with her hair in a bun.

I count 5 armed men coming out of the truck and they seem trained.

"Let's end this." I hear the first guy who came out of the truck say.

"It's ours. We earned what we took." The brunette counters.

"You're gonna return what you took. You're gonna pay for the gas it took to come out here and for all the time these men took out. It's over. You know the rules." The man states with authority.

"Your rules are batshit!" The brunette exclaims and I can tell she's afraid.

"We're not going back, Wade. We're done kneeling!" The blond guy shouts at the men.

"Don't change the subject, asshole." The man named Wane scowls.

I hear a whistle and another truck engine starts up. I can hear it coming through the trees and so can everyone else. Daryl jumps up and corals the three people in the opposite direction and even helps one when she falls.

I huff and keep tracking them, not wanting to get involved yet. Especially since I don't know what I'd be getting involved in. They race through the woods and hide behind a stack of sticks while the men go to their walkie-Talkie's to communicate while they spread out.