Season 7

I put my bag inside the seat of the RV and head off with Eugene while the others carry a sick Maggie on a stretcher in the woods. The road we're driving on is bumpy and each jolt makes me grit my teeth.

"They're gonna get her to safety don't you worry." Eugene says and I roll my eyes.

Eugene isn't one to comfort people in need, and I'm definitely not a person who's in need of comfort. But Eugene isn't gifted at reading people either. He's always been afraid of me, and for good reason.

"I'm not." I mutter and look out the window.

It's dark and foggy, but I can still see the outline of trees on the edge of the road. The multitude of trucks are behind us, following us. It's working. Suddenly the trailer comes to a halt and I see another truck in front of us blocking our path.

"Quick, hide!" Eugene warns me and I go up in the bedroom, under the bed and lift up the latch I installed with Rick.

I pull the bed down over me and make my way in the small hidden slot. If they think they've
caught all of us they won't see me coming.

The door to the RV is yanked open and I start to hear yelling and then Eugene begging. Heavy sets of multiple footsteps make their way into the RV up the steps. Each step echoing in my ears from the vibration.

"Who else is in here?" I hear a man growl.

"No one! It's just me!" Eugene lies convincingly.

"Get him outta here boys." The man orders.

I hear Eugene being dragged out of the RV by a couple of men and then I hear the voice from before once again mumbling something to someone else.

A few seconds later I hear even louder, heavier footsteps make their way up the stairs into the RV. I can hear a steady calm heartbeat that compliments the fast excited one of the first man who spoke.

His scent is different from the first man. He smells of cigarettes like the other man but he also smells of leather and cologne.

"The mullet boy said there was no one else in here." The first man says to the other man.

"I'll check it out. Meet you at the spot, Simon." A deep gravely voice responds.

It belongs to the man with the steady heartbeat. It sounds authoritative and menacing. Like someone who's clearly in charge. I can smell the cologne and leather, along with wood and cigarettes much more now.

My mind races trying to fit all the pieces together. I try to come up with an image in my mind but there's so much going on all at once that it's impossible.

"Yes sir." Simon says and then I hear the door slam shut.

I hold my breath hoping they're gone but I hear the heavy footsteps start walking around. I clench my jaw as they start getting closer, hoping they turn around and walk out, but instead they stop right in front of where I'm hiding.

He walks away once more towards the front and the RV turns back on. I feel it start moving and try to stay as quiet as possible while the man driving whistles a eerie toon and chuckles to himself. A few minutes later the RV stops and I hear the footsteps, once again in front of the bed.

"Well, I'll be damned. That squealing weasel
was telling the truth." The man scoffs and then sits down on the bed.

The bed creaks as he adjusts his weight on the bed a few times. He taps something in the ground, something that's clearly not his foot. Something made out of wood.

A cane perhaps? No, he didn't have a limp when he walked, I would've heard it.

"These motherfuckers don't know what's coming to them. No they don't." The man chuckles and keeps banging the object on the floor.