War

"It's not up to me!" Rick shouts.

"There's a council now. They run this place!" Rick adds.

"Is Hershel on the council?" He asks and my heart sinks.

One of the Governor's men brings Hershel out of a truck. I try to run forward but Rick grabs me.

"What about Michonne?" He asks and another man brings Michonne out.

"Rick, he's not going to stop." I say but he shakes his head.

"I don't make decisions anymore." Rick repeats himself.

"You're making the decisions today, Rick." He says and my heart is beating in my chest.

"Come down here and let's have that talk." He says and I can feel my body shaking with anger.

"I'm gonna rip him to shreds." I growl but Rick holds me back again.

I break away from Rick and get through a small broken part of the fence and try to get to the Governor. I can hear Rick and Daryl yelling at me but I just ignore them.

But before I can reach the Governor he jumps down from the tank and suddenly I can't move.

"Not so tough are we now?" He smirks and slams me up against the tank.

"Now I have three of your people." He shouts to Rick as he stands right behind me.

"Don't do it Rick!" I shout and the Governor holds me tight against his body.

Rick makes his way down and I struggle against the Governor. My heart is racing like no other and I feel like I'm about to puke.

"Let them go. Right now." Rick orders as he looks at me and then the Governor.

"I'll stay down here. Talk as long as you want. But you let them go. You got a tank, you don't need hostages."

"I do, especially this one." He says and motions at me.

"This is just to show you I'm serious. Not to blast a hole in our new home. You and your people, you have till sundown to get out of here, or they die." He says and Rick shakes his head.

"It doesn't have to go down this way." Rick counters.

"I got more people, more firepower. We need this prison. There it is. It's not about the past it's about right now."

"There are children here. Some of them are sick. They won't survive." Rick counters.

"I have a tank. And I'm letting you walk away from here. What else is there to talk about?" The Governor asks and Rick looks at me.

"Her? Oh, I'll let her go too. Like I said, it ain't about the past, but I need your word that she won't come after me." He says and I clench my jaw.

"Don't listen to him Rick! He's a liar!" I growl.

Rick's POV:
I try to negotiate saying there's enough room for all of us but he says that it wouldn't work. Hershel says that it could work but the Governor just shakes his head. He says that it can't, not after Woodbury.

"Not after Andrea, or Keres." He says and I clench my jaw.

I tell him that if he tries to force us that we'll fight back. And the gunshots will bring more walkers here and then they'll tear down the fences.

I tell him we can all live here or none of us can. He grabs Keres and drags her over near Hershel. He gives her Michonne's blade and whispers something in her ear and her eye go wide and then they're blank.