Hilltop

I look next to me and see Rick sound asleep, looking the most relaxed I've seen him in a long time. I hear a footstep and immediately grab for my blade and Rick has his gun in his hands. Standing there is Jesus.

"We should talk." Jesus says and I glare at him.

Luckily I have one of Rick's shirts on so I'm not showcasing anything and Rick is wearing his boxers.

"I didn't know you two-." Jesus says looking between us but I don't take my eyes off of Jesus.

"Sit on the steps while we get dressed and if you try anything? She'll hunt you down and gut you." Rick growls and motions for Jesus to leave.

Once he leaves Rick closes the door and lets out a long sigh.

"I would say Jesus Christ but-" He huffs and I chuckle.

I get dressed and Rick grabs some pants and we leave the room and see Carl pointing a gun at Jesus' head.

"Carl, hey, um..." Rick starts saying but stops when he sees Glenn, Abe and Daryl coming up the stairs with their guns out too.

"It's okay." Rick says.

"You said we should talk. So let's talk." Rick adds.

We head down to the table in the I'm kitchen. Thankfully no one mentions a thing about Rick and I having to get dressed.

"So, how'd you get out?" Rick asks.

"One guard can't cover two exits. Or third floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?" Jesus asks.

"Right." Daryl answers as he stands against the wall.

"I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. You're well-equipped, but your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have. 54?" He asks.

"More than that." Maggie answers.

"Well, I appreciate the cookie, compliments to the chef."

"She ain't here." Daryl growls staring him down.

"Look, we got off on the wrong foot. But we're on the same side-the living side."

"Yeah, bad things tend to happen when you lie." I scoff and he looks at his hands.

"How do you know I'm not lying now?" He asks but I don't say or do anything in response.

"You three had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't. I'm from a place that's a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things, and the two of you looked like trouble. But I wasn't expecting you to be." He chuckles as he points to me.

"She's more trouble than everyone put together." Rick sneers and I smirk.

"I can see that now. But I can also see that you're good people. And this is a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other." Jesus explains.

"Do you have food?" Glenn asks.

"We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum."

"Tell is why we should believe you." Rick asks.

"Because she seems to." He says pointing to me and Rick looks over at me and I nod my head.

"And I'll show you. If we take a car, I can take you back home in a day, and you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer." He says.

"Wait, you're looking for more settlements? You mean you're already trading with other groups?" Maggie asks and there's something off about the way his heart beats when she asks that.