Mistakes

"Hey Rick do you mind if I do the night shifts?" I ask not wanting to have to deal with the new people.

"Yeah, I guess that's ok. That mean you're heading to bed then?" He asks.

"Yeah, I wanna be in the right mindset for tonight, if you know what I mean." I say.

He just nods his head in understanding. I pat him on the shoulder and try to get through a game of tag that the kids are playing.

"Mika, I bet you can't catch me!" A little girl with blond hair says with a mischievous grin on her face, to a smaller girl with blonde hair.

"Watch me Lizzie!" Mika taunts.

I'm walking when Mika runs head on into me and falls to the ground. I just roll my eyes and walk past her.

"Hey! Say sorry to my sister!" Lizzie yells in my direction but I just keep walking.

"Lizzie don't! I ran into her!" Mika tries to tell Lizzie.

"Hey butthole! I'm talking to you!" Lizzie shouts at me.

"Lizzie stop!!" Mika pleads.

"Just wait until I tell my dad! He'll straighten you out!" Lizzie keeps yelling in my direction.

I just shake my head and start walking up the stairs.

I get to my door and go inside my room. I lock the door behind me and lay on the cold cement floor.

I close my eyes and start seeing Shane's death all over again. "How could you do this to me?! Me?! Your brother! I gave you everything! I stood up for you! Maybe you deserved what happened to you after all!" I wake up in a cold sweat when I hear a knock on my door.

I open my door and see Maggie standing there with an annoyed look on her face.

"You were supposed to relieve me! Which also means you missed your window for supper." She huffs and stands there tapping her foot.

"Whatever." I say as I get all of my gear on.

"Bitch." I hear her mutter after I'm down the stairs.

I go outside to the fence and get ready to start killing walkers that are lining up. I take a broom handle and stab them in the eyes and watch them fall one by one. My stomach starts rumbling when I realize that I haven't eaten in a while. I keep killing the walkers until I see walker Shane.

I blink rapidly and realize that it's not him. It's starting to get dark and I hear someone behind me and pull my knife on them only to find a little blonde girl with a container with leftovers in it. I recognize it as the little girl Mika who ran into me. I roll my eyes and put my knife back in its holster. I don't say anything, just wait for her next move.

"I saved this for you. I heard that you didn't make it to supper. Sorry that it's not warm anymore." She says in her tiny quite voice.

I just keep staring at her confused as to why she would do that.

"Well here, um I have to get going to bed." She says nicely as she puts it on the ground in front of me.

I just keep staring in her direction as she goes into the prison. Once she's in the prison walls I look down at the container of food and look around me.