SEASON 3

I watch as the barn goes up in flames and the house becomes the walkers'. I start the walk to our destination which will no doubly take me a few hours. But I'm not worried because three of the people there, know that I can't die. And thanks to Dale, the rest know that walkers avoid me.

I keep replaying Shane dying over and over in my head. It seems so surreal that it happened only a few hours ago now. That it happened at all.

The sun is starting to rise when a military vehicle passes by. I rub my eyes to make sure I'm not dreaming but sure enough. It's military grade. All of the sudden it stops and I hear a man barking orders. He gets out and I see that he has a metal hook for a hand.

Another man gets out of the vehicle and starts walking towards me. The sun is in my eyes so I have to squint to get somewhat of a picture.

"Well, hello there and who might you be?" A smooth deep voice asks.

Not knowing who he is, I don't want to let him know that I'm looking for my group. I'm not going to put Rick in more danger than he probably already is.

"Um...I'm nobody, just surviving out here like everybody else." I say with no emotion.

"Well, nobody. Do you need a lift?" The man asks stepping forward blocking the sunlight so I can finally see him.

I don't know why but something in my head screams for me to run. He has dark brown hair and a stubble beard. It's not like he's overly handsome but he's not ugly either.

To any pair of eyes he looks like a regular guy who would work in an office setting. But still, a little voice in my head tells me to stay on high alert.

"Well, where are you headed, you never know our destinations could be close to each other

"Well, where are you headed, you never know our destinations could be close to each other." He asks in a charming and charismatic voice.

I can tell it's an act, I'm pretty good at seeing through people thanks to my father. Everyone thought he was a saint, and he put on a good front. But I had the unfortunate pleasure of knowing the real him.

"I highly doubt that." I say trying to slide past him but he holds his arm out in my way.

"Oh, come on now. You can trust me. See I'm part of a small town called Woodbury. I was just getting back from going on a run for the people there. Why don't you come check it out." He offers but I quirk an eyebrow not trusting him and am clearly showing it.

"Now, I don't offer that to just anyone. There are a lot of people out there who would try and steal from us. But, I can tell that you're not that kind of person." He says trying to convince me to go with him.

He obviously isn't good at reading people. At least not like Dale was. He knew I was trouble the moment I stepped into camp. I think to myself.

"Now, I know you don't know me very well and there's that whole 'stranger danger' saying, but I'll make you a deal. You let me show you my town, you don't even have to tell me your name if you don't want to. And if you don't want to stay, I will bring you to wherever you were headed. Deal?" He proposes with his hand outreached.