Chapter 3

After several months had passed, it was the time Dana and the rest had been waiting for. All families of the departing Defense Academy students were at the airport saying their goodbyes.

Rose still had a hard time letting Dana go. She had nursed Emilie like a baby and was hoping to do the same for Dana but the later didn't want to be treated like the baby she was.

“If there is anything you are gonna need don’t hesitate to call me okay?” Nate said.

“Sure thing Dad” Dana said, making the peace sign.

“I have nothing to say to you but you shouldn't dare to come home with bruises, cuts, an amputated leg or hand or even neck to my house okay?” Rose said.

Dana thought she was exaggerating again.

“Yes ma'am” Dana answered in a bid to shut her up.

Emilie grabbed her and hugged her so tight Dana couldn't breathe.

“Take care and give me a call when you get there and also call me in case of any trouble” Emilie said.

“No problem, but make sure you get married and have lots of kids before I get back okay?” Dana said.

“Take care of my sister, please” Martine requested.

“Oh God I’m gonna miss you all” she said as she looked at Cathy, Dana and Chelsea all over.

“I’m gonna take the exam again and this time I’m gonna prepare so hard so I would meet you guys okay?” Martine said sobbing a little.

“Oh come on, it’s not like you’re sending us off to the grave or something” Cathy hitting her.

“Too bad, see you guys and please call” Martine said, waving at the girls as they walked off.

“This is what happens when you don’t study hard” Martine said.

“Yeah. I'm still in awe on how you managed to pass your finals” Emilie said, making everyone laugh.

They covered up the sadness of sending the youngsters away with the misfortune of Martine like it was the right thing to do.

The girls had arrived at the Headquarters of Raseth's Defense Academy with their hearts beating so fast they thought it was going to burst.

Different Officers in different uniforms were walking around leaving the girls in awe. They were shown to their dorms and that was when the excitement died down.

The place looked like shit itself, the girls wondered if anyone had stepped foot in the building for years and the Officer assigned to them left them standing in the middle of a room covered in dust and cobwebs.

They weren't exactly sure what they were supposed to do in the room and were looking from one to another when Dana's phone began ringing. Emilie.

“Hey sis, we’re here and gosh this place looks like a shit hole” Dana began voicing her complaints.

“If it looks like poop or urine just do your best so you’d be outta there and get your job immediately” Emilie said.

She wasn't the one fighting to get into the Academy so it wasn't a concern to her what the place looked like.

“Yes ma'am. I know Mom and Dad are asleep so when they are up send my love, bye” Dana said and hung up.

“We are very punctual indeed, Cathy said, which is why we are the one’s cleaning the dorms by ourselves”