Chapter 10

Nebula danced to the deafening music like she was crazy. She pushed the other members of the 5 aside and kept screaming at the top of her voice. Her drunken attitude had kicked in and Blesse kept using her eyes to curse Nada for insisting on them coming out in the open.

Nada was the leader even though Blesse was the eldest and she didn’t see anything wrong with that because Nada was a better fighter than she was and was perfect when it came to leading an operation but where she had a problem with her was dealing with things that required using common sense.

Nada and the other girls lived their lives recklessly because they didn’t have the hope of returning back home after the scars the bombing at the training center left them but Blesse wanted to return. When Katherine took the girls in and trained them to become ruthless criminals, she only accepted because she was new in Horki and she needed to survive but the other girls embraced the new life Katherine gave them.

Especially Nada.

She rolled her eyes at Blesse and walked towards the bar to get another drink.

“It’s not because you wanna see that guy, huh? Fae asked.

They had been teasing her since Macleod was caught staring at her back at the bar.

“I’ll just get a drink and I’ll be back. You girls shouldn’t move an inch” she said and walked to the bar, swearing to make sure to put Macleod down if she saw him.

Her thought on how she was going to slit his throat was cut off when someone stepped on her foot.

“Hey watch it!” the culprit said.

“Excuse you? You stepped on me” Nada said.

“Beth, could you please get rid of her?” the girl said and turned to Adan.

He had given her a fake name and he was her partner. Nada was angry that the girl wasn’t bold enough to face her herself but was asking help from a guy.

She turned towards him to give him a punch if he dared say a word to her but was shocked.

“What the fuck!” she let out.

Adan was standing in front of her. She was the most wanted on his tab and she had walked right into him.

“Excuse you? Are you checking out my partner?” the girl asked.

“Cynthia, you’re going to have to apologize” Adan said to her.

“Beth come on, are you taking her side?” she asked.

“Just apologize. You were wrong” Adan said.

The girl angrily turned around and walked out of the club. Nada tried to leave but Adan held her back.

He didn’t recognize her, did he? She was always in a mask and her voice was always distorted. There was no way he’d know she was Nada.

“Sorry about that. I’m Adan” he said.

He liked her for some reason and that was why he told her his real name.

“I don’t give two fucks what your name is” Nada said and walked out.

She heaved a sigh of relief because he had failed to recognize her and walked to the bar. She really needed that drink now.

“Hey, I thought you left already” Macleod said and drew nearer to her.

He was sure people at clubs always came back to the bar for another drink so he used the time she was away to muster up all the courage in the world to talk to her when she came back.