Chapter 13

Nada was really right. The Swart's did indeed forget about Daisy as they were busy with the preparation for Philips' funeral.

Daisy, just like Macleod wasn't close to her family and was constantly away from home so when she told them she wasn't going to be home for a month they decided to strike her out as one of their problems but planned to bring her back on board when her return was getting near.

For now, Macleod had the task of picking out a perfect tie for his Father.

Philips' funeral had finally arrived and Swart was getting tensed up. There was every tendency that his murderer was going to show up at the funeral to cause trouble.

"Dad, you shouldn't look worried. Your tie is perfect and you're gonna knock Mom off her feet" Macleod said.

"That's not it. I just want to lay Philips' and his family to rest" Swart said.

"Gosh, I can't believe he's really dead. And Aunt Elisa too" Macleod said.

"Anyway Dad, I've gotta go now. Adan and I are going to the church together" he added.

"Just make sure I don't get there before you. And be careful around Adan, he is someone who would forget you when there's danger" Swart said and walked inside.

He never liked Adan for once. His friendship with his son had always been a cause of worry to him but he kept telling himself that the problem between him and George had nothing to do with their sons.

However, after Adan left Philips who was on better terms with his Father alone to die in the hands for the 5, he knew he wasn't to be trusted.

Macleod walked outside and met with Adan and together, they began to walk to his car.

"So you left me with Daeva last time. That was a smart move" he said.

"Well, I had work to do and at least, I gave you some space with her" Adan said.

"What kind of work was it anyway?" Macleod asked.

"That Blaze has made my Dad a target. All the CCTV cameras around the house were destroyed so we couldn't know of his identity or her identity. I'm beginning to include women in the list of my suspects since Nada and Philips" Adan said.

"What about the security?" Macleod asked.

"They were tied up, hands and feet. Thankfully, no one got seriously hurt. We've swapped them with better ones though" Adan said.

"Gosh, this Blaze seems to be after you" Macleod said.

"Not me. My Dad. It was my Dad he attacked" Adan said.

"No Adan, I might not be a detective but you should look at this logically. First, it was the girl at the club now your Dad. Do you have a beef with anyone?" Macleod asked.

"No, I don't even have the time for myself talk more of other people. Let's just focus on putting Philips to rest. Later, we can worry about Blaze"

A few hours later, guests had begun to arrive at the church and Swart took it upon himself to welcome the guests. All politicians, former generals, even the President was present.

While the press were taking pictures and interviewing the guests, George walked up to Swart and pulled him aside then signaled for Macleod and Adan to take over.

"Aren't you supposed to be on edge?" George asked.

"Why do you think I'd be on edge?" Swart snapped.

"Well, some fellow tried to kill me yesterday claiming to be called Blaze. Isn't it interesting how that happened when today is Philips' funeral?" George asked.