Chapter 12

Stephany welcomed Adan with a ‘good morning’ and a warm cup of coffee but Adan wasn’t in the mood for his kindness and generosity. He had Nada’s case on his hands and he went to a club and added to it.

Now, he couldn’t walk with his head high in the CIA station because the agents thought he was an incompetent worker. He thought Stephany's smile and the paper cup of coffee was just a show so he wouldn’t give him any work. The coffee was even in a paper cup. Yeah, it was definitely a show.

“What’s good about the morning? Huh?” Adan asked.

“Sir, I did nothing except welcome you when everyone else has decided to make you an outcast. You might as well treat me right” Stephany said.

“Did I ask you to do that? Don’t do the opposite of what people are doing! Do exactly the same!” Adan yelled.

“It just means you weren’t brought up with good doctrine” Stephany muttered.

“What was that? The research I asked you to conduct on that bastard Blaze, has that been done?” Adan asked.

“Yes Sir. This is what I found” Stephany said and threw the paper cup of coffee into the trash and handed him a bunch of printed documents.

“What’s this?” Adan asked.

“A lot of murders has been going on for the past three years, bombings, shootings, abducting, strangling and each of these murders has something to do with the name you saw on the body of that girl you were on a date with” Stephany said.

“It wasn’t a date okay. Just a normal dance, now continue” Adan said.

“Anyway, on each of the murdered victim’s corpse a sort of message or letter was left and that’s why we can pin it on the person who murdered that girl you.., the girl you had a normal dance with” Stephany said.

“And?” Adan asked.

“The conclusion is that Blaze is a random psychotic killer going about killing innocent people” Stephany finished.

“That’s it? What about the letters and messages on the body of the victims?” Adan asked.

“Do you want me to go get them?” Stephany asked.

“Yes of course” Adan said.

“But sir, I’m not like you who goes about digging up dead bodies and besides, these victims are already dead so it’s not like I can ask them for the messages, you know” Stephany said.

“I didn’t ask you to dig up dead bodies, Stephany. I’m saying there must be some place the Cops would have documented the whole case because it’s a serial murder case if you haven’t noticed. That Blaze or whoever he is has a signature and it’s the messages he leaves on the bodies of his victims so the Cops should have some documentation on it. The messages could have been written down” Adan said.

“That’s really smart thinking Sir but the case is out of our jurisdiction and those guys don’t like you so I doubt they would give you anything about Blaze’s case” Stephany said.

“Really?” Adan asked.

“Really Sir” Stephany answered.

“Get lost then, you’re really useless” Adan said and sat on his chair.

Stephany mumbling, walked out of the office and Macleod walked in with his arms folded. He had guessed right. Adan was mean to his agents. That explained why he was ignored when he screamed he was there to see Adan Robertson and not because he was screaming like a mad man.