Chapter 39

Fae had successfully gathered all the evidence they needed to get Jones punished and while she was trying to send the evidence to the various people who needed it, she thought of someone else. Adan. Or maybe it was Pattie who came to her mind since Jones wasn’t under the Military’s jurisdiction and her case was eventually going to be thrown to the CIA for committing fraud and instigating a mass murder while Lewis was going to be handled by the Military for actually doing the deed.

Everyone at the CIA station was going to be easily manipulated by the President or the Finance Minister herself so they needed someone who wasn’t going to be manipulated no matter what.

Fae had done a background check on Pattie after she saw her giving Blesse the criminal offence side eye when she hung out with Adan and she could deduce from the information she got that Pattie was upright, at least upright enough to punish Jones. But how was she going to just send the evidence of Jones’ crime to her without arousing any suspicions?

Through Adan, he was the one Nebula claimed she saw at the Military Precinct and Blesse said she saw him talking to Lewis in the van before she got into the court house.

Blesse and the girls were definitely not going to want her speaking to Adan or giving away the slightest hint that they could be the 5 but they were trying to see that justice was served in Turner so her only option was to go behind their backs and pass a message to him through someone.

“Hey Mira” Fae said as she answered the door. Monica cast her a deadly look then left for the two of them to talk.

“Sorry about that. She’s kind of on edge since she got nothing on Neville” Mira said.

“I see. Well, I have something I will need you to deliver to your friend; Adan” Fae said and handed her a small box which contained a USB holding evidence against Jones’ fraud.

“Why can’t you give it to him yourself?” Mira asked.

“We didn’t exactly get on with a good start so there. And if he asks who sent it, tell him a lady gave it to me” Fae said.

“What lady?” Mira asked.

“I don’t know, couldn’t ask her because she just dropped it in my hands with Adan’s name being the only word that proceeded from her mouth and then she took off” Fae said.

“To where?” Mira asked.

“You must love to ask questions, huh?” Fae asked and turned to leave.

“Wait, I’ll get it to him for you but do you have time later this evening? There’s a movie playing in the neighborhood garden, it’d be great if you could come” Mira said.

Miranda was actually asking her out for a date and Fae who happened to be anything far from gay wasn't interested because soon she and the girls were exiting Turner. What was the need to start up a sweet friendship with the country girls around when she was going to disappear overnight just as she came?

“Shouldn’t you be worried about better things like your sister and why she isn't back yet? Anyway, tell your Mom not to worry because your sister would soon be with her. Enjoy the movie” Fae said and walked away.

Mira could tell she had just be rejected subtly but all was well. Her feelings were hers and she wasn't imposing them on anyone. What's to not do one last favor for the girl she was attracted to?

She stepped out and tried to knock on Adan’s door but it opened and he walked out, putting on a coat. He looked like he was leaving for somewhere but then he pulled out the bag he had behind him and made to lock the door.  “Are you going somewhere?” she asked.