Chapter 38

Blesse stopped several times to throw up from the sight of blood and decayed body parts at the training center. She couldn’t believe that the Military hadn’t bothered to clean up the place. Or were they planning on not recruiting anymore trainees? But then, the Horki Military training center was never renovated after the bombing so it was a similar case.

She had to jump over several ewh looking things and she was sure that Fae would have fainted if she came along with her.

Mini had gotten Intel from the survivors that the Instructor’s office housed a secret room which possibly held valuable information so Blesse had taken it upon herself to find out the treasures hidden in this secret room.

At first, she tried to use her discretion to find the Instructor’s block but after many futile attempts she had to remember that the training center was poorly managed and that meant that the Instructor’s office had to be somewhere in the dorms. Her thinking worked as she found it and it was the only room she stepped in that didn’t make her want to throw up.

Just as Guzman and Alex; the two bed buddies had said, she found the secret room but a ledger was all she found. She didn’t have the time to linger around and check its contents when the sound of a dog barking seemed to get closer and closer to her location. She decided to go back to Yvonne’s to view the ledger but was greeted with something even worse.

The survivors had seen Miranda’s video online and the news had shown the parents of the survivors trying to have a say at the court. They were pissed and Alex had already packed the little bag she had, ready to leave.

“You lied? You’re no different from Lewis and her useless family!” Evie yelled.

“We asked you guys not to trust us” Blesse said.

“That’s all you have to say? Seriously? You aren’t even showing any sign of remorse” Neville said.

“Why should I? When we practically saved you fools from being butchered and thrown into a bonfire?” Blesse asked.

“Yes, we were wrong to lie but we only did it because we wanted something to convince you guys to come with us. You’re safe and that’s what matters, isn’t it? And where are you going to Alex?”

“The moment you step foot out there and people recognize you and Jones is alerted you will have your head on the ground. You still want to go out? Go on” Blesse said and held the door open for them.

They all stood, quietly staring at her. “I’m not leaving. I want to stay here” Guzman said and went back into his room.

“Anyone else? Because the moment I shut this door I don’t want to hear anyone talking shit about this matter to me” Blesse said.

“Whatever” Evie said and sat on the couch. Blesse pulled out the ledger from her bag and threw it on the table.

“This was all I could find in the secret room with my limited time. Mini and Fae somehow managed to get evidence of the slush fund so all that’s left for us to finally punish the Jones is for Nebula to complete her own part of the mission” Blesse said.

“You mean change her part of the mission?” Fae asked and walked in.

“You’re here?” Blesse asked.

“Yeah. Fae and I were talking and we thought of what Debbie said when she saw us” Mini answered.

“Debbie? Debbie saw you guys?” Blesse asked.

“Relax, she didn’t see our faces but she seemed to want to be on our side” Fae said.

“Yeah right. She’s gonna end up stabbing you in the back soon enough” Alex said with a scoff.