Chapter 11

Macleod had not seen his parents since he arrived Horki. Adan was the first person he saw and they ended up stumbling upon a murder case. Talk about a way to be welcomed.

He decided to go home and see his parent since Philips’ funeral was already near and his Mother had been discharged from the hospital. He stood in front of his house and stared at the building. The reason why he didn’t come home to visit was because he never felt loved there. After Swart got promoted from being a Commander at the training center he seemed withdrawn from his family. His children especially and they thought he cared more about the deceased trainees than his own family.

He walked into the house and sneaked into the kitchen. There, Hannah was standing by the counter, cutting some onions and crying in the process.

He frowned when he remembered how she always told him and his sister to stare at chopped onions because it helped the eyes.

“Mama” he said and hugged her from behind.

“Oh my gosh!” she exclaimed and turned towards him.

“You still chop onions? You can just use one of those kitchen gadgets Mom, we aren’t in the 90’s for crying out loud” he said.

“The first thing you’ll do is to nag me, huh?” she asked.

“That wasn’t the first thing I did. I called you ‘Mama’ sweetly and lovingly” he said.

“I’m so happy to see you” she said and took his face in her hand.

“Where’s Dad and Daisy?” Macleod asked and looked around.

“Oh, Daisy’s coming back home today and your Dad left for work. I think she should have gotten off the plane now” she said and picked up her phone to check the time.

And Nada had put one of Fae’s toys into the phone. This time, Fae wasn’t sleeping because Blesse was by her side so they heard everything Macleod had said.

“You heard that, right? We don’t want Daisy to wait too long” Nada said.

“How’d you hear that? You some sort of werewolf or what?” Fae asked.

“No. I’m Nada. Now, go throw her chauffeur off and pick up our princess. I want to spend some time with her” she said and walked out.

“Hold on! You should take one of the radios so we can keep in touch” Blesse said.

“Cool. I’ll be gone a while but I want a clean job. And I mean clean Nebula” Nada said and walked out.

“Why did she mention only my name?” Nebula asked.

“I think you know the answer to that. Fae, do your job with those magical fingers of yours. I’ll go with Nebula to pick Daisy up” Mini said.

“Magical fingers huh? Magic fingers on the keyboard, where is Daisy Swart?”

Fae’s magical fingers actually located Daisy and the foot workers, Nebula and Mini were tailing Daisy. They had knocked out her chauffeur and Fae sent a message from Hannah’s phone through the bug Nada had planted, telling her to come home on her own because the chauffeur couldn’t make it. Daisy thought that was absurd because her Father was the Defense Minister. Getting her another ride wasn’t supposed to be a big deal but she was asked to walk into a street so Hannah would pick her up.

Daisy groaned as she tried to reach her Mother’s phone but to no avail. She couldn't because Mini was jamming her cell phone with an IED.

“Why is the service in Horki so bad?”

She suddenly begun hearing footsteps hurriedly following her. She counted it just the way her Father had taught her if ever she was in any form of danger.