Chapter 40

“Your Honor, from Live and Abide Law Firm, I am Attorney Kris Albert representing the defendant, my client; Military trainee Lewis Jones and I stand here today in this honorable court to say that the defendant has being diagnosed with psychosis and being in a state of delirium and thus we plead not guilty on account of all the charges laid against her. In my hand is the medical report from the psychiatrist at the Military asylum which states that the defendant, Lewis Jones has been diagnosed to be mentally ill” Lewis’ Attorney stated.

“You Honor, on the day the defendant Lewis Jones was said to have shot at the trainees at the training center, the defendant claims to have been lying in her bed at the dormitory and never came in contact with the trainees. I would like to call on the witness of the fragging incident, Instructor Hooker of the Turner Military Training Center” he added.

“You may proceed” Ramos said and Hooker walked into the witness box after swearing to say the truth and nothing but the truth even though he was already paid to lie.

“Instructor Hooker, I’m lead to believe that on the night of the shooting incident you were in your office as at that time, is that correct?” the Attorney asked.

“Yes” Hooker answered.

“So you’ll agree that you were inside the office all through thd day and only came out when the trainees were killed?” he asked.

“Yes” Hooker answered.

“Instructor Hooker, could you describe to the court what the situation was like when you stepped out of your office eventually?” he asked.

“Yes, um I was in my office just enjoying a hot cup of tea when I started hearing this muffled screams and voices from the hallway and then I came out to check what was going on, then the noises died down and then I saw Lewis Jones standing in the middle of the carnage that had happened with blood all over her” Hooker explained. Now that was true.

“Wonderful, Instructor Hooker. I would also like to ask, where they any other trainees like Lewis Jones who were on their feet?” he asked.

“Yes. They were some others like Military trainee Banach and the Spanish speaking trainee we had” Hooker answered.

“Is that so? Were they also covered in blood?” he asked.

“Yes they were. Everyone was” Hooker answered.

“In your witness testimony to the Military Investigation unit you claimed that Lewis Jones was the only one left standing and that she had a gun in her hands, is that correct?” he asked.

"Yes, I did say that” Hooker said.

“Objection your Honor, the defense is leading the witness to counter his testimony” the Prosecutor said as she stood up.

It was then Kris Albert took notice of the Prosecutor who was seated. It wasn’t the woman whom he had planned his evil with but someone else. Grace. She was seated as the Prosecutor for the final hearing of Lewis’ case and was objecting to his claims.

“Over-ruled” Ramos said.

But of course, he was on Jones’ side. Kris begun to look around, hoping he could signal to someone that something was up in the Prosecution but no one was paying him that kind of attention. They were all waiting for him to continue questioning the witness.

“Instructor Hooker, can you describe to the court what the weapon Lewis Jones had in her hands was?” he continued.

“It was an assault rifle. That was what I told the investigators too” Hooker said.

“Instructor Hooker you should know a lot about guns since you are a Military trainee Instructor so, would you say that if an assault rifle was being used to shoot at the trainees that night, no noise would have been made? I’m asking because you failed to mention that you heard the sound of a gunshot before you left your office. You only claimed that you heard voices and muffled screams, not the sound of a gun going off” he said.