Chapter 5

Examination had finally arrived and the trainees were scared they weren’t ready to write the theoretical aspect of what they had been taught. They were confident in perfecting the practical aspect but not the theoretical.

Some of them had smuggled bombs into the examination hall hoping to set it off when the instructors weren’t looking. Now these weren’t actual bombs, there were what people knew as expos or tap-me’s.

“Write as many answers as possible and no cheating. Good luck” Swart said and turned to the chalk board.

The trainees didn’t wait for him to turn around completely before they began to ask questions. Like Cathy.

“Hey Dana, what's the name of that explosive that makes a loud noise when going off?” she asked.

“There are a lot of explosives that makes loud noises when going off” Dana replied.

“No, I'm talking about the one you read about yesterday” Cathy insisted.

“C4?” Dana said.

“Yes, thanks”

The exam was a success as none of the trainees failed when their results were posted. Their bombs paid off but immediately after the exam was a test. A personal test so there was no hiding behind your partner this time around.

“Your personal test begins now! Who's up?”

The other trainees were scared to go up first but Dana wanted to get it done and over with so she made to step up but as she did so someone else came up. Daniel.

She groaned and tried to get back in line but he held her back and asked her to go first with a smile.

“Military sniper guns. The first things to find out about this are the range, accuracy, firepower, penetration and reliability. Take for example, Beretta M82 USA. A semi automatic anti material rifle designed and developed by Beretta fire arms manufacturer in 1982. It is a long range anti personal sniper weapon that neutralizes enemy snipers at standoff range and enemy weapons. Examples like trucks, guns and planes. It hits enemy soldiers hiding behind walls and it can penetrate through bricks and concrete. 12.7x99mm (.50BMG). It costs $8,900” she said.

Swart was impressed. He had personally taught the Beretta fire arms and she had chosen it as her topic and delivered it better than he had taught.

She glanced at Daniel and he gave her the thumbs up with a smile and walked up to take his own test. Their shoulders brushed against each other and he leaned in to whisper something in her ears.

“That was hot”

“Now the next training!”

“They are fifteen doors and each of these doors has a picture on it. You are expected to pick up your guns, be vigilant and aim at your target” Swart instructed.

They were going to work on their shooting stance and quick response to danger and threat.

“Sir, question! Who is our target?” a trainee asked.

“When you see an enemy would you come to me to ask if he's an enemy?” Swart asked.

“No sir”

“That's what this is about. Use your discretion to identify the enemy and take him down” Swart informed.

Dana picked up a CZ 75 and walked slowly towards the doors. The first door opened and a picture of a woman with a child was on the door. She didn't pull her trigger. The next door opened and picture of a man selling clothes came up. She still didn't pull her trigger.
The next door opened and a picture of a man with a gun came up. Enemy.
She took her stance. The fighting stance and shot at the picture. All that followed the noise from the shot was the applause from the trainees.