《12》The Cursed Finger |END OF PREQUEL|

cover art by  h0pe.lez

.

.

.

.

.

(THIS CHAPTER WILL TAKE PLACE BEFORE JJK ANIME)

"So...how did you become acquainted with Gojo?"

Nanami and Haru finish the remainder of Grade 1 Curses that lurked further down the vacant subway lines. The place was a lot more packed with Curses than they initially imagined. Haru runs her hand over her messy hair, deadpanning a bit after thinking about how to answer her blonde companion's question.

She looks away briefly, "He...has some dirt on me,"

Nanami froze. All sorts of negative scenarios began to jumble inside Nanami's mind. At that point, it finally clicked for him.

_____________

"When you were in Kyoto...were there any Curse Users with the description of short purple hair?"

Nanami blinks at the unexpected question. He frowns as he tries to recall the fight in Kyoto, and the sorcerers that were present. But nothing seemed to stand out.

"No...there was none," Just then, Haru's silhouette from the bakery flashed before his eyes. If he wasn't mistaken, she was a sorcerer with short purple hair. He thought about it for a moment, debating whether he should tell the bandage man or not. Seeing no harm in telling he spoke.

"But...I do know of a sorcerer with these qualities,"

The bandaged eye sorcerer stiffens at his words, now his curiosity further intriguing him, "Is that so...?"

The blonde sorcerer hums at this, "She works at this Bakery that I used to visit, I could detect a little bit of Cursed energy from her,"

____________________

Nanami now rubs his creased forehead, feeling a familiar headache surge, 'You've got to be kidding...'

Haru glances over at the blonde sorcerer, perplexed by the clouded energy that was floating above him. Was he tired already?

The blonde salaryman could only feel like shit, especially since he was the one who told Gojo about Haru. From what Nanami could tell, Haru was hiding her Cursed Energy to blend in with the crowd. She worked at a regular bakery and kept a low profile of her being a sorcerer. A while back, Nanami was the same. He too walked out of the Jujutsu World for his own personal reasons.

Nanami wasn't expecting this sort of outcome at all. And to think that Gojo had to get some dirt on her in order for her to become a Jujutsu Sorcerer. The man could only feel guilty.

"I...want to apologize,"

Haru flinches at this, brows furrow as she stares at Nanami, baffled. And she became even more confused when he did a bow towards her.

She began to awkwardly sweat, utterly lost, "H-Hold up...what are you doing??"

Nanami pulls back, clearing his throat to explain his sudden apology. He lightly taps his odd glasses, "You see...I was the one who told Gojo about you..."