《19》Past Never Dies

cover art by  h0pe.lez 

.

.

.

.

.

"Can I take 5 days off?"

Haru was seen in her room, packing up her small suitcase. Her phone was lying around her bed, lit up. It has been a couple of weeks since she last talked with Gojo. So hearing his voice from the other line felt a bit weird.

"What's this~? It's the first time you’ve ever called me! And the 1st thing you tell me is this...you aren't meeting a guy are you~?" Gojo's sleazy tone echoes from the phone. Haru sighs when she hears this.

"Do I have to tell you everything that I do?" Haru deadpans, folding the last piece of her shirt and neatly setting it on top. 

Gojo laughs. She could tell that he was smiling over the phone. 

"I supposed not...I trust that you won't cheat on me~" He sounded rather proud. Oh, he definitely had that smug look on his face. Haru silently cringes, as her Curses had this disgusted look on their face. 

Gojo knew that she was not having his flirting remarks, but knowing that he still attempted to do them with a smile

Gojo knew that she was not having his flirting remarks, but knowing that he still attempted to do them with a smile. Oh, how it would have been nice to see her irritated expression. That was the part he found so endearing of her.

"I'm going to visit my parents," Haru says, now zipping up the suitcase. She felt herself sweat.

She was lying.

A bit tense, Haru then eyes the phone, "...Is there a problem with that?"

"Of course not! I would have loved to have gone with you but the kids are having their annual event with their sister school from Kyoto," Gojo says, unaware of her lie. She was relieved that he wasn't here present with her, otherwise it would have been difficult to lie to him face to face. Gojo was annoyingly quick witted.

"Good because I would never introduce you to my parents," Haru quickly ends the call. Gojo sat there, as the beeping sound from the other line comes to a complete stop.

"Hm?? Haruka???" Gojo pulls the phone away from his ear, looking at his phone with a surprised look, "Ehh?? She hung up on me..."

Across from him sat his coworker, Nanami, who peers away from the newspaper and towards Gojo.

"Are you sure it's safe to talk to her when you're here at Jujutsu High?" Nanami was concerned, not for him but for the Heiress. She was at risk if she were to be exposed, and the Higher-ups wouldn't hesitate to eliminate her from their radar. 

Gojo continues to look at his phone, a bit disappointed that the call wasn't long enough, "Nah~ Even if they try to trace her they won't be able to~" A cheeky grin makes its way toward his face, flicking his phone, "The only person that can track her down is me~"