《25》DownFall

《25》DownFall

cover art by  h0pe.lez 

.

.

.

.

.

A sunset pair of eyes peer around the empty inmate domain. His cold and keen eyes, calculating...as he remained lost in thought. 

'I somewhat regret sealing that brat...' He muses to himself, seeing how awfully quiet it has gotten. And it didn't help that there was absolutely nothing in this infinite blank void. Mikoto found himself sighing.

"All that is left is..." Mikoto looks up as if expecting to see something. But as always...he was unable to see anything. He clicks his tongue. 

"Damn that woman...because of her...!" Mikoto's jaw clenches, trying to calm himself by taking deep breaths in. He cursed the 5th user, Haruka, the sole woman who became an heir. This was not supposed to happen.

"For so many years...carefully matriculating each of their moves..." Mikoto pauses, his face scrunching up, "Guess that old hag was right about her prophecy,"

He closes his eyes, recalling that very memory thousands of years ago. As much as he disliked her omens, Mikoto could not avoid them. They were choices made from the heavens above, there was no escape.

A prediction that even the great Tsukuyomi No Mikoto couldn't fathom.

"The fate of the Andō has been decided by the Heavens above...the lineage shall perish when a woman becomes the successor of the King's Eyes,"

The words that the shaman lady sang, as she performed her meticulous ritual with various lit candles, made Mikoto's blood run cold. That so-called fate she spoke of, Mikoto found it outrageous. With pure rage, he sent off orders to kill off anyone who dared speak of such propaganda of the Andō's downfall. 

He already was in a foul mood, and just remembering her words just pissed him off more. Him? The Great Tsukuyomi? Perish? Even the devils would laugh at that ridiculous proposition. This is why Mikoto went to great measures to keep his lineage pure, no matter the cost...no matter the life. 

And even when the newer generations of heirs would refuse...Mikoto made sure they would comply with their duties. He made sure of it. Despite his cautious and meticulous plans...All of his hard work went to waste when that woman ran away from the clan and meddled herself with someone other than her own.

That spineless woman of the name Kana Andō.

"Fiddling herself with that damn low-class of the Zen'In Clan..." Mikoto scorns, "...and to think that she produced an heir...it's ridiculous!"

A simple woman she was, and even disregarded for being infertile. Why need someone worthless like her? Mikoto thought nothing when she ran away, and let her be. 

But years later only to find out that very same woman produced the current heir...and the same child that was warned in the prophecy.

Haruka Andō.

Just thinking of her name made Mikoto spurn in his place. A half-breed like her was a disgrace...she whose blood has been tainted. How can she claim to be an Andō? And it's only worse that she is the child from the very omen that claimed the Andō's downfall.