《13》A Dangerous Spark

cover art by h0pe.lez

.

.

.

.

.

(ANIME START)

Yuji Itadori.

A...relatively normal boy as he appears to be. He lived his life to the fullest and got along well with his classmates. He was the kind of person that was hard to hate, socially engaged with anyone he got close with. That was the kind of person Yuji Itadori is. 

Not once has he thought about it changing, but things took a quick turn meeting Megumi Fushiguro and the world of Curses. 

"Your execution has been decided...Yuji Itadori,"

There was the said boy. A look of distraught was visible on the boy's face after hearing such words. He was currently in a dim room, the only source of light was the various candles that surrounded him. He was tied to a chair from what he could tell. Everything about this setting was weird, but the blindfolded man before him was the weirdest part. He called himself Gojo Satoru...a teacher at some school.

Yuji had to recall what exactly happened before it came to this. Slowly but surely everything began to make sense to him. 

.

.

.

.

.

"Satoru..."

Gojo found himself chuckling awkwardly, scratching his neck as the piercing sunset eyes glare menacingly at him. The Six Eyes sorcerer would have been long gone if he were a Curse.

"H-Haruka---" Gojo was unable to explain himself when she quickly silenced him.

"Shut up,"

The sorcerer quickly zips his lips.

They were currently standing in a hospital room, Haru being near a bed where a patched-up Megumi sat comfortably, eating the bento Haru made for him.  The young sorcerer got himself injured during his mission to find the Cursed Finger of Ryomen Sukuna.

Well, it wasn't supposed to turn out this way. Nobody was expecting Sukuna's vessel to appear out of nowhere. Not even Gojo was expecting such an outcome. After all, it was one in a million chances that a perfect vessel could exist for such a powerful Curse. And yet here they were.

"I thought I made it clear to you that you wouldn't put Megumi in harm's way," Haru narrows her eyes, cracking her knuckles slowly. Gojo lifts up his hands quickly in panic.

"I-It couldn't be helped!!" He says, "Besides!! Megumi has to overcome these kinds of missions in the future!!" 

Gojo then looked past Haru and towards the injured boy, putting his hands together in hope, "Isn't that right MegumI~?"

Megumi stopped munching on his food, staring at Gojo with contemplating look. Gojo, hoping that his student would side with him...was completely shattered when the boy ignores his pitiful state and continued to eat the bento.

"That's it! Come here!" Haru stomps her way towards the panicked sorcerer, ready to launch at him like a linebacker. He quickly moved away from her approaching form as much as he could with the limited space of the hospital room.