《26》Rolling in the Deep

there will be no covers for this chapter.

.

.

.

.

.

Haru hadn't realized how much her feelings changed for Gojo.

She was even surprised with how she did so. After almost 2 years, she grew to trust him for everything he's done for her. It was hard of course, with him being the heir of the Gojo Clan. It was almost as if her ancestors were the ones trying to convince her to believe in what that Curse User said. 

But there was just that slight doubt in her....speaking to her to hear Gojo's side of the story. Maybe he had a reason for not telling her. Her humanity was the one trying to convince her...

6:25pm

"Are you okay Haruka?" There he stood, the very man of the hour. He helps her sit down in her very own home, scattering around and trying to find her a glass to drink. Haru eyes him, seeing that he has no idea where to look for it, he was creating a mess.

"It's in the far left cabinet," Haru says, and quickly he went to the said cabinet. He lets out a sigh of relief, now going to the mug and filling the glass with cold and fresh water.  

'My head hurts so much...' Haru muses, looking down and away from the light. She sees the glass before her, and she reluctantly accepts it. It's becoming a habit now.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner...if I had known you were feeling bad I would have dropped everything to come and see you," Gojo says, now kneeling in front of her. 

'The floor's dirty...' Haru thought, seeing how casual he was. But she was unwilling to tell him so. Besides, knowing him, he wouldn't move from where he was.

"I'm...fine," Haru barely manages to say. Oh, she sounded horrible. She didn't think her voice would sound so hoarse. There was no way he was going to be convinced.

"No, you're not..." Gojo sighs, now lifting his hand to reach for her forehead.

But Haru slaps his hand away, a slap so hard that it echoed in the home. Haru didn't think she would do that, her hand moved on its own.

'Shit...' Haru thinks, looking away from what she's done. 

Gojo retracted his hand quietly, as he could feel the strange tension in the room. His brows could be seen furrowed from his black blindfold. He wasn't upset by her actions, of course not. Gojo may seem like someone who does things on his own accord...but when it came to Haru, he was quite patient. 

He knew Haru was upset with him. Gojo knew that sometimes he would go overboard with his antics, but he couldn't help it half of the time. But he understood that this was serious. And this time, he did not know why exactly she was upset with him.

'Is it because...I didn't call her?' Gojo sweats, recalling the short-tempered message he received from his favored student, Megumi. Megumi had scolded him earlier about not letting her know of the incident of Kyoto and Tokyo's event. She was still part of Jujutsu High even if she worked undercover. 

Gojo continues to stare a her through his blindfold. He wasn't avoiding her cause he wanted to, but he felt conflicted. He couldn't face her after finding out what his family had done. 

And he was not ready to tell Haru. He'd much rather have this information hidden away...and he took measures by burning every single document that was involved. But despite such efforts, Gojo couldn't shake away that feeling that ate inside of him.