《14》The Vessel

cover art by h0pe.lez

.

.

.

.

.

"Yuji Itadori is dead..."

Haru froze, stopping midway from cutting the apple in hand. She glanced over at her phone, brows furrowing. 

"You're kidding..." She says out loud, waiting for the other line to speak. Despite not being present there, Haru would feel the air tense by Gojo's silence. She knew very well that he was not happy.

"Oh, how I wish..." Gojo lets out a sigh from the other line, his tone slightly agitated.

'I had a feeling that they were going to kill him...but this soon?' Haru narrows, not saying anything after Gojo confirmed it himself. It hasn't even been a month since Yuji's arrival.

Gojo ran his slender fingers through his pale hair, ruffling them in frustration. He was angry, angry at the higher-ups for what they've done...angry at himself for not preventing it. But what was done was done. It wasn't like he could resurrect the boy. 

And not to mention...the other 1st years got hurt in the process as well. 

His palm grits in fury, slightly shaking. The more he thought about this situation the angrier he got. 

"Damn it...I should have known they would have done this behind my back," Gojo clicks, his anger not subsiding.

"It's not your fault that you had a busy schedule... it is your duty after all," Haru says on the other line. Gojo tried to find reassurance in her words, but he still couldn't help but feel otherwise. He was the adult here, a teacher that needed to protect his students from those grubby older generations. 

"So what will happen to Yuji's body...?" Haru says slowly, genuinely curious about the aftermath. Since Sukuna's Vessel is gone...what exactly will they do?

"Shoko is going to dissect Yuji and examine his body," 

Haru nods, feeling a tad bit sorry for Gojo. Unlike herself, she never meet the boy directly...but from he would tell her, Yuji was a good kid. But unfortunate for him, his fate was twisted. All she could do is send condolences on her behalf.

Gojo caught Ijichi's form, seeing as the man waved over at him. It seem that it was time already.

"I gotta go...call you later," Gojo hums before hanging up. He slides his phone into his pocket, making his way toward his coworker. Ijichi eyes Gojo, wondering who he was calling in such a serious way. Curiosity got the better of him, asking him without a thought.

"Who was that?"

Gojo answered without a hint of hesitation, "My girlfriend."

"E h ?"

.

.

.

.

.

"I suppose I won't be needed anymore," Haru sighs, finishing up cutting the apples in a traditional bunny style. At her words, Pan comes from her shadow, a rather prideful look washing over his face.

"¤♤○Master~¤♤○ Master!! ¤♤○ Does that mean no more Gojo?!! ¤♤○" He grinned, unable to hide his evident dislike towards the sorcerer.