《20》 The Past & The Present

cover art by  h0pe.lez 

.

.

.

.

.

'How irritating...'

The King of Curses remains stoic where he sits, taking in the sight of his familiar innate domain. He sighs for the millionth time, seeing through Yuji's perspective all throughout the day. But rather than being worried about his vessel, his mind was occupied by another matter.

'That Sugawara bastard claimed to have killed all of them in one single night...' 

In his previous life as a King of Curses, words flooded about the great massacre that Sugawara Michizane led. All sorts of sorcerers gathered and aided this massacre. It became quite the feat, as the word spread rapidly like wildfire. Sukuna wouldn't forget the amusement he felt when his servant told him. As much as he would have wished to have been the one to kill Mikoto Andō and his people for the utter shame they put him through...regardless he was satisfied by the outcome.

'For once I thought that Suguwara bastard did something useful...'

And so, Sukuna was free to reign the lands without any fear of encountering those wretched eyes of the Andō. And he expected so for the next hundreds of years.

But now...

Sukuna narrows, feeling himself grow rather annoyed. He takes back his compliment from years ago.

"That bastard..." Sukuna clicks his tongue, "...He was useless after all,"

Now Sukuna wasn't to appear so easily since there was an Andō around, one who inherited those eyes he despised so much. And since she has allied herself with Gojo Satoru in his plan to take Sukuna, he had to be careful not to be around when she is nearby. Just thinking about hiding behind his vessel made Sukuna churn.

He reaches to grab his head, brows wrinkling as he thought. 

'Didn't they say that bastard couldn't have kids..?' Sukuna was referring to Mikoto Andō, the very first heir. At a young age, he was appointed as the head leader of the Andō after losing his parents during a civil war. Around the time Sukuna encountered him, Mikoto was only 23. And it was common for nobility to already be married with kids. But there were rumors speculating that his fiancee left him for being incompetent and unable to give children.

And if Suguwara massacred the entire clan and claimed Mikoto's head proudly, how could there have been a direct descendant of Mikoto? 

Just then, Sukuna envisions a sudden flashback. Two faces of slave children that he saw in the Red Light District back when he was looking for slaves. At that moment he found himself ignoring those kids that gave off this eerie feeling. Sukuna lets out a devious grin as every little mystery began to fit the puzzle.