《18》Hidden Despair

cover art by  h0pe.lez 

.

.

.

.

.

The sound of crashing waves could be heard, its waves matching the color of the clear blue sky. A strange red creature could be seen afloat in these waters, from what is seen in its expression, it was enjoying itself. Three other strange creatures remain on the dry land, all laying quite relaxed and enjoying the warmth as they shield themselves under the shade.

A portal of some sort appears beside them, but they paid no mind to the person that waltz in. A familiar monk-like outfit makes its presence. 

One who looked much more normal than the rest of the strange creatures perks up at the newcomer, "So? Were you able to track her?!"

The monk man smiles, nearing closer to them. He stares at the red floating creature before he responds. 

"It took a while but I was finally able to track her down..." The monk says, finding a place to lie down as well. The one who asked became rather excited, his eyes sparkling, "Really?? I really want to see her!! Can I~?"

One of the creatures scoffs at this, his one eye, rolls at his ignorance, "You're kidding, right? Is that a death wish of yours?"

The other blinked, finding no fault in his curiosity, "Eh?? How come? Aren't we recruiting her to our side??"

The volcano man scoffs again, "You think that a sorcerer like her would ally herself with us Curses?"

The other pouts, "But doesn't she get along with Curses??"

"The Andō remain neutral when it comes to the Jujutsu World and Curses. The one to inherit their signature Curse Technique, King's Eyes, has the ability to take control of any Curse if desired," The monk spoke, interrupting the two before their heated fight.

The human-looking curse turns to him, more curious than ever, "Any Curse? Even Ryomen Sukuna??"

The monk smiles, "That's right. No Curse is able to escape from their gaze, not even us,"

Hearing the monk speak in such a way, the human-looking curse tilts his head. More confused than ever. 

The volcano curse sighs, "In other words, she's a double-edged sword...she may or may not help us. We can't really be too sure,"

"Convincing her wouldn't be a problem...the issue here is that it seems like she's aligned herself with quite a troublesome Jujutsu Sorcerer..." The monk narrows his gaze, recalling his previous tailing, 'He found her before I could...' The monk muses, a bit disappointed.

The volcano man deadpan, figuring out who the said Sorcerer might possibly be. Recalling his previous fight with the said sorcerer made him cringe in memory. 

He glares, feeling his mood worsen, "Don't tell me--" 

"--Gojo Satoru..." The monk finishes, eyeing the volcano curse that looked upset at the mention. 

"It seems like some sort of contract was formed between the two. Quite surprising since their families have quite the history..."

Hearing the monk say that, the curses seemed to have lost faith in recruiting the Andō sorcerer. The original plan was to get her to join them. She was a powerful aid for these curses, someone that can equal in par with to go against the Strongest Jujutsu Sorcerer. But there was the unexpected twist...and the Strongest Sorcerer has taken her to his side.