《21》Future Plans

there will be no covers for this chapter.

.

.

.

.

.

Haru strung up from her bed, reaching for her chest with a slight jagged tug. Her breathing was uneven, finding it hard to find her rhythm, shaking and sweating profoundlessly. It seems like her abrupt reaction woke up a certain detective, who came in knocking on her door.

"You alright in there? Haruka?" His voice comes from behind the door, his voice showing concern. Haru peers over at her door, now seeing Hiruma peek through. His expression furrows when he sees her condition.

"I'll get you some water," 

Haru lets out a shaky sigh, feeling herself grow much more calmer. She reaches to wipe her cold sweat, her hands still shaking. Haru slowly gets off her tatami bed, and her steps are heavy against the wooden floor. She finds herself standing in the engawa, the night breeze cooling her down just as quickly. Haru lets out a dreary sigh, now sitting on the engawa's edge. It felt so familiar, so comforting.

'This spot...' Haru peers towards her side, her eyes visioning her late father. 

"Look at that! It's a shooting star! Now why don't we make a wish my dear~" Her father coes, as he scoops up the little girl in his arms. Haru saw her younger version giggle, looking at the said star with admiration.

"Anyone want some watermelon?" She heard her mother's voice echo from behind, she turned to see her late mother, who smiled gently at them. 

Haru felt her heart sting when she recalled that fond memory, looking away when it became too painful to bear. Oh, how she missed her family. Memories like these danced around her childhood home, and she would embrace them as much as she could...even if they were just visions of her past. 

"Haruka?" Hiruma's voice calls to her softly. She turns from where she sat, being offered a cold cup of water. She reluctantly accepts it, the chilling touch calming her down. Haru takes a sip as Hiruma settles down beside her. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked her, taking a peek at her pale expression. He had a hunch about what was going on but he was not going to insist for her to explain. He knew his limits.

Haru stares at her own reflection in the cup, seeing just how bad her facade was. No wonder the detective was asking her, that she looked like complete shit. Of course, she was like this because of that strange dream she just had. Well, was she supposed to call that a dream?

"I...I will be okay..." Haru says slowly, taking another sip. She thought for a moment to herself, staring at the starry sky with much nostalgia. What she just experienced...was she able to tell anyone? Haru peers over at Hiruma, seeing that he too is looking at the stars with wonder. That man before her was somewhat of a guardian figure, as much as she did not want to admit to herself. He was there when her family died, and had not left her until she graduated from high school, he made sure she did. 

"I...had a vision. Well, it was more like I was in a state of consciousness in my mind," Haru began, unsure how to exactly explain her experience with a non-jujutsu sorcerer. She looks at him, 'Well...he's the only one here right now...'

For a brief moment, Haru thought about a certain Six Eye user, but since he suddenly kept his distance for some reason, Haru was unable to communicate with him about her circumstances. Hiruma was the only one here at the moment. 

"In a state of consciousness? So like...you were conscious in your own sleep without being awake?" Hiruma tried to understand what she was on about. It was a bit skeptical for him.